Kanye Show Would Have Been Cool, But Dumb Asses Fucked It Up

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2003
Man It was the perfect setting, good music, hella women and no funk...yea the line was crazy, but that comes wit the event, but as allways some fuck rushed the door and fucked it up for hundreds of other people. Thats why we can't have shit in the bay cause it's always somebody willing to fuck it all up because they couldn't get in. If we want our area to get "what we desrve" in the industry we got to have some since out-here. Shit like this detours major lables from comin out here, it fucks up relationships between club promoters, clubs and artist and it gives KMEL and Clear Channel an excuse to not support our area. So if you were one of the people that fucked this off for every body else- don't sit on this board and bitch about how the Bay aint got shit..because you are the reason why.

Apr 25, 2002
www.BallerSignMusic.com
I was there right near the front of the line when all those fools rushed the door. So wack! The whole event was completely disorganized and unprofessional. I will never go to another show at space 550 or thrown by White Rhino. They had all the people who bought tickets already in one line and they weren't letting us in. I think they oversold the event and wanted to collect cash before letting pre-sale ticket holders in. I stood in line for over 2 hours and that shit had to happen right before I was gonna get in.

Sep 23, 2003
i heard on the radio somebody called in and said to Kanye "don't come down to your show cause you gonna get shot" they didn't play it but they were talkin about it. strawberry was all pleadin,saying to keep it safe and positive. anybody else hear it?? or the whole thing?

Mar 8, 2003
LMAO...another reason why i aint supportin u fucks always gotta start some shit cause "yall some savages". Suck my dick whoever fucks shit up for people who apprecate real music

Dec 29, 2003
I was there and it seemed like it was gone be off the hook! I saw Yuck, J.R Rider, The Frontline, Done Deal, Sean T, Balance, and hella other people, but stupid azz haters continue to put a big black eye on the bay.

Sep 15, 2003
www.GetGoneRecords.com
Sean and I stood in line for about 2 hours. It didn't really seem like an organized line though. At least 500 people were squeezing towards the front and packed in like sardines. We bought tickets in advance for $30.00 each and thought there would be a separate line for that but we couldn't find one. We were about 20 feet away from the door when the shit went down.

A security guard was talking shit to some dude in line. They were about 5 feet away from me and I couldn't understand why the security guard was talking shit to him. Next thing you know the security guard had the dude in a headlock and that seems like an excuse for other people to start acting hyphy. About 20 dudes knocked down the gate and rushed into the club. Everyone started pushing each other and I had to grab Sean so I wouldn't get knocked down! We turned around and made our way back across the street and watched for a few minutes. The police rushed into the club and shut the doors.

We hung around outside for about 45 more minutes. By this time, there about 10 police cars in front of the club and about 20 more down the street all lined up. We take off and couple blocks away we see Kanye West in a stretch hummer at a red light and he rolled down the window and said it looks like it a wrap. Sean talks to him for a minute then we all take off drive a few more blocks and see 2 fire trucks and an ambulance flying down the street towards the club. Papoose & Furious were inside the club and called us and said someone got shot outside. (I hope whoever it was is OK)

Then Papoose said they made an announcement from inside the club and told everyone the show is over get out. No one got to perform. What a waste and a perfect example of how a few folks can ruin it for everyone that stood outside being cool about the long wait and just tried to get what they paid for!

Apr 25, 2002
www.BallerSignMusic.com
The only highlight of the night was that since we got there so early, we got to meet Kanye coming out of the club from his soundcheck and I gave him a copy of my cd. He'll probably never listen, but I'm happy knowing there's at least a chance.:cheeky:

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
see left, and balance... yall wanted me to ride with yall, and now you see why i be like "unless we going out of town" i aint fuckin wit it.... to many have not's fuckin it up for the cats who either got it or got action at gettin it.... the world aint hater proof so you have to take your own precautions... lmmfao @ this whole situation..... til the right people make the moves they supposed to, the game in the bay will stay fucked up...

and if you wanna have music bumpin while yall on here, here you go....

http://www.dugoutent.com/dutch.html

Jan 20, 2003
it's a shame to hear shit like this!

the one thing i could say is: i think it comes down to who is the promoter. i have never heard of any problems at a done deal promoted show. everytime chuck or someone that went to the show reports it on here i never hear of any problems. i hear nothing but good shit so hopefully shows like this won't ruin it for other shows!

Sep 15, 2003
www.GetGoneRecords.com
I inquired about getting a refund of my $63.52 for my advance ticket purchase and here's the response I received in case anyone else needs the info...

Dear Ticket Buyer,

We were informed by the promoter that last night's Hip Hop 101 with Kanye
West was unexpectedly shut down. The promoters of this event have come up
with a solution that they hope you will find pleasing. Everyone who bought
tickets for last night's show will be sent replacement tickets for the next
Hip-Hop 101 event featuring Devin tha Dude on March 19th. In addition, you
will be sent complimentary tickets to Ghostface Killa on April 16th.

We are sorry the show didn't happen last night - it is always a
disappointment when this occurs. Remember, we always work on your behalf
with the promoter to find a solution in situations like this.

If for some reason this solution does not fit your schedule or personal
preference, you may opt to receive a refund for the full face value of the
tickets as well as the service fee. To receive a refund, please send an
email to us at [email protected] no later than 5:00 PM PST,
Friday, March 5th.

If you have any questions about this, please contact us at
[email protected] or by phone at 1-877-278-4842 during weekday
business hours.

The Management
Brown Paper Tickets
http://www.brownpapertickets.com

e) [email protected]
p) 877.BPT.4842 (Toll Free)
f) 425.868.3605

Jan 8, 2004
www.bayridaz.com
WE THREW A SHOW THERE AND EVERYTHING WAS OK.(LIL FLIP,CELLSKI AND KEAK THE SNEAK) AND EVERYBODY THOUGHT OUR SHIT WAS GO GET TURNED OUT LIKE LAST NIGHT.INNER CITY GO MAKE SURE AINT NUTHIN GO HAPPEN INSIDE OUR SHOWS NOW OUTSIDE THATS A DIFFRENT THANG.CAUSE NIGGAS BE BROKE AND CANT GET IN SHIT. THAT WILL FUCK IT UP FOR THE REST.THEY KNEW KANYE WAS TO BIG FOR THAT EVENT JUST LIKE 50 AT MISSION ROCK

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
Man that shit was all line problems! Why sell advance tickets if you not gunna let them in quickly thats one of the advantages of buying early i have a meeting with them today to find out a solution! They got a damn Gay Party before my shows starts so i cant get there early and set it up llike i want too! but The shit wont happen like it did friday i had almost the same amount come out for LOON but i got the people in! It was banannas out side cuz they werent getting people in the club was only 30% full its the biggest club in frisco it holds 2000 people fuck just get them in!