Judge denies request to release rapper C-Murder on bond

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
The Associated Press
4/12/04 2:01 PM

GRETNA, La. (AP) -- The judge who granted the rapper C-Murder a new murder trial denied a request to release him on bond Monday because he faces other felony charges.

State District Judge Martha Sassone last week ruled that the rapper, whose real name is Corey Miller, deserves a new trial because prosecutors withheld key information about the witnesses who implicated him.

On Monday, Sassone ruled Miller will not be released on bond while he waits for a new second-degree murder trial. Sassone ordered Miller held because he also faces charges after being booked in August 2001, with attempted first-degree murder and a weapons charge after allegedly trying to shoot the owner of a Baton Rouge nightclub.

Ronald Rakosky, Miller's defense lawyer, said his client should be released because Baton Rouge prosecutors have not pursued those charges in the more than two years since Miller's arrest.

Miller also faces a charge of battery on a prison guard for an alleged attack inside the Jefferson Parish jail. He has a June 14 court date on that charge.

Miller, 33, was convicted last September of second-degree murder in the killing of Steve Thomas, 16, inside a Jefferson Parish nightclub on Jan. 12, 2002. He faced a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole.

The judge ruled last week that Miller deserved a new trial prosecutors had withheld information from the defense about the criminal histories of several witnesses.

Prosecutors have a May 6 deadline to appeal.

these motherfuckers rally tryin a nigga. now they want to talk shit because he has other cases (which are not even bein pursued by the way) they dont wanna release him on bail. well fuck em these crakkkas only prove every day that they just wanna see a black man suffer especially rappers. this nigga got the right to be free n be home with his fam n as for attacking a prison officer we all know them guards be looking for whatever shit they get. well since my nigga looks like he aint gon never see the light of day again we still gon rep him n TRU to the fullest. "Fuck dem niggaz"

FREE C
FREE MAC

Been Drinkin

The Ghost in the Machine
Feb 20, 2004
^^^ That Craka shit dont fly homie leave it alone. As a white person who been to the pentafarm you cant talk all that shit and expect me to be silent. They treat whites just like blacks in the pen prove me wrong, you cant. The system relys on money and if you dont have it or you have to much then your fucked. Leave the racist anti-white shit at home. Be cool on it.

paso

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
FREE THA NIGGAZ MAC & C. AND ALL THA NIGGAZ GETTING HELD DOWN ON BULLSHIT KASES, LIKE MY NIGGA ECAY SAID, IF U A MAJORITY MINORITY IN THIS BITCH, THEY WANT TO SEE U KASED OR IN A BOX.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

Been Drinkin said:
^^^ That Craka shit dont fly homie leave it alone. As a white person who been to the pentafarm you cant talk all that shit and expect me to be silent. They treat whites just like blacks in the pen prove me wrong, you cant. The system relys on money and if you dont have it or you have to much then your fucked. Leave the racist anti-white shit at home. Be cool on it.

REAL CHOP