JT: SAVE THE BAY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2003
We need to stop putt'n out albums left and right, the bay area is pretty shitty right now because people feel a need for quantity over quality. Remember in the early 90's -- RBL, GLP, 11-5, The CLICK -- every thing they made was hard. Now these cats are try'n to release an album every week -- and on top of that they put 5 tracks from an old album on it -- then they feature 50 other niggas on the album -- what happened to an artist selling his album cuz of him/her -- not cause he/ she got everybody in the bay on the shit. So the moral of the story is music is about music -- not money -- so JT I understand that you gotta get yours -- but please donj't play the people who buy your shit brah, by useing old songs and sacrificing quality for quantity. Bring it back like the old days JT, when niggas could here JT and the GLP from DIVIS to MAC BLOCK -- you member. You couldn't hop on the 15 and go down third without hear'n some bay shit -- so please brah save the music.

Feb 19, 2003
Well, I'm not JT, but PROJECT POETRY was VERY tight, as was Game Inflikted's new CD. No recycled tracks there (not that I know of).

JT has already spoken on "using old songs" (recycling). He left a post or two on BART, saying that he was not trying to trick fans or take their money--he wanted to promote certain tracks that he felt either (1). Didn't get the attention they deserved; or (2). First appeared on CDs that only got exposed in, say, Cali, without getting any major pump-up in other areas with Get Low fans who couldn't find the OG-copy CDs in their hometown stores (i.e. Europe, Asia, Midwestern America). He also spoke on this on the WEST COAST AFTERSHOCK site, saying "it was for fans who hadn't heard those tracks yet."

Don't know if you've been reading this week's posts on BART, but JT announced that he has just hooked up with Select-O-Hits, who want to get more into distributing some West Coast music. He is going to be responsible for recruiting new acts for distribution through his Black Wall Street company, with Select-O-Hits acting as the distributor. Sounds like big things could occur if this deal is done right!

PEACE!