Jose Canseco to fight 60-year-old

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2009
Somehow, Jose Canseco keeps finding new ways to make the world wonder whether all those years of making his muscles grow with steroids also made his brain shrink.

The Juiced author's latest publicity stunt will be to fight 60-year-old -- yes, 60! -- Gary Hogan before an Arkansas Travelers minor league game on July 9.

Hogan is the University of Arkansas-Little Rock assistant athletic director and also its former head baseball coach. Hogan told MLB.com he has sparred at a gym for years and that he once boxed former heavyweight champ John Tate.

"I'm coming out of retirement, because 60 is the new 30," he said. "This isn't going to be Mayweather-Pacquiao or Ali-Foreman, it's going to be two guys with 16-ounce gloves going out there just to see what happens."

The bout is scheduled for four two-minute rounds and seems like a lose-lose proposition for Canseco, who turns 46 this week. If he wins, it just means he beat up a 60-year-old guy. If he loses, he's a laughingstock. Hogan seems fearless.

"I've never been one to conform to too much, because you only get to go around the block one time," he told MLB.com. "I plan on enjoying every inch of the block before I'm cremated."
lol

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Someone with very strong personal and business ties to Jose is a regular poster on here. Can't wait til he chimes in on this one!