job referencing question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2003
Usually.

Did they let you know if it was going to be expunged from your record once you turned 18? If they did then you're cool, if not then lie about it.

Feb 25, 2006
shit i got a few felonies and i dont put them on any aplications and they always ask are you gonna pass the background and i say yup and then i get hired shit right now i drive around dlivering paychecks to people

May 15, 2002
im pretty sure it is expunged once you turn 18. I believe you can also get misdemeanors(weed possesion) petitioned to be expunged after a certain amount of years when over 18. I would consult a lawyer to be exact.

Feb 25, 2006
my boy said he had a something expunged off his record but when he went for a job for they background checked and it showed it but said it was expunged so i still think thats pretty foul

May 15, 2002
NastyNorth said:
my boy said he had a something expunged off his record but when he went for a job for they background checked and it showed it but said it was expunged so i still think thats pretty foul
that shit happened to my buddy too - he'd been working there for a couple months and they pulled that shit, saw he had a shoplifting charge and canned him. It as supposed to be expunged but i guess it wasnt.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
depends on the state. usually you need to petition to get it expunged, but its a rubber stamp kinda thing. fill out the paperwork, your records clean from juvinile offenses. you still got to do the paperwork though.

Feb 25, 2006
i was wondering if misdemeanors that were "dismissed" still show up on background checks when applying to work in the medical field??? anyone?? and i was 19 at the time...

May 15, 2002
i had a misdameanor which got expunged and it doesnt show up on my record - dmv, dept of real estate.

you need to go to the county where the incident occured and file it with the court there. not sure what the time line is, i'd say try and speak to lawyer about it. You can look it up in the law books, but its kinda tedious - if i'm bored enough maybe i'll look it up.

May 15, 2002
you can do it without a lawyer - you get a lawyer just to make sure it gets done right. You can erase arrest records cause evidently mine got erased.

I think j-beog should clarify the laws for us...oh that's right the pigs don't know the law either.

Feb 25, 2006
^^^ i think after a certin time they no longer show up on the arest records but they will all ways be there for tha courts...

to get something expunged i dont think you need a layer you just gotta set up a court date right??

May 15, 2002
I know there are some rocket scientists in here who might have problems interpreting the law, but im gonna post this anyways

A website i found which sums it up

the code section - start at 1203.4 and read

from what i read briefly - it depends on your crime whether it can be expunged or not. I think you need to wait a year - though i'm not sure (it doesn't apply to me so i didn't take the time to read it thoroughly). Expunging is not erasing. People can still see your record but its harder to do once its sealed - they'll need court orders etc...

I think you need to go to the county clerk of where the crime occured and file a petition with them (probably some standard courthouse form) and pay a fee and wait for your court date. No you don't need a lawyer - but if you don't want to make all those court appearances, it's good to get the lawyer (power of attorney).

Your courtesy saturday law lesson

Mar 27, 2006
alright so let me get this straight.. lets use my situation alright..

im turning 19 in september.. when i was 12 i was charged with Grand theft auto because i was in a G-ride with a homie and just took the wrap along with him.
and then when i was 13, i was charged for possession of a deadly weapon ( it was a bat ) going home from school, about to rumble, i also go expelled. With those two charges, i had 28 days of work program, 3 months of eletric monitoring, and about a year and a half of probation with countless court dates. i completed every thing as planned, and never got arrested for anything ever again. (except for bombing a while back but they let us go ).

so what i've always been paranoid about is.. that jobs wont hire me.. but in my case i was a little ass kid and didnt really know better. what should i do on job apps? should i put no criminal record.. or just my GTA case? i know there's some dudes on here thats been on the same boat i have, so any help is appreciated.