Job Interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I need some help. I have an interview with an engineering firm for an internship next week and I am not sure what the hell to wear. I know I have to dress nice but how nice? Like suit and tie or will a dress shirt with a tie be good enough. I figured the people in this forum would be able to give me the best answer.

Mar 18, 2003
I would only wear a tie if the rest of what you're wearing calls for it. Too many people throw on a tie just because they think it's professional, but the truth is, often times it can take away from what you're wearing. Personally I love nothing more than to wear a Ralph Lauren long sleeve button-up, slacks, dress shoes and a nice belt. Try to stay away from plain, easy-to-wear colors. If you want to impress them with what you are wearing, DON'T wear black slacks with a white button-up and a black tie. You might as well roll up on a bike with a Bible in your hand. If you're just trying not to look like a bum then it doesn't really matter. I really think wearing grey slacks (right style/color) instead of black will up your status big time. And quality products make a big difference.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
MKB said:
I need some help. I have an interview with an engineering firm for an internship next week and I am not sure what the hell to wear. I know I have to dress nice but how nice? Like suit and tie or will a dress shirt with a tie be good enough. I figured the people in this forum would be able to give me the best answer.

I work at an engineering Firm..
what are you interviewing for? what kind of internship?

Wear some earth tone colors with a Matching Tie. Stacy Adams? Only if they go good with what you are wearing. Be professional in all aspects of the interview. I wouldnt recommend a jacket for the suit unless you want to wear one. Just some nice slacks, matching tie, and clean shoes. Get a hair cut if you need one and shave! Remember that this is only an interview But you are judged the minute they see you. Also.......WEAR A BELT!!!!!!!! I dont care if you are fat or skinny... ....People under estimate the power of wearing a belt. That lets them know you are serious.

If you need any other advice ...just holla.