Jim Ross Explains Why Lance Cade Was Released

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2002
"Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation."

Dec 4, 2004
he didnt really explain anything, just said he had a seizure, but i assume it had to do with some drugs he was using??

Aug 14, 2003
MORE:

Lance Cade's release from WWE this past Tuesday was not something planned and is now being looked at as a disciplinary issue.

Jim Ross noted in a new blog (which you can read at this link) that on a recent plane flight, Cade had a seizure and was taken off the plane. Lilian Garica, who was on the flight, made sure he was rushed by ambulance to the hospital where he had several tests done. They found nothing wrong with him. However, whatever it was that caused the problem was enough for WWE to cut ties with him. One belief is that he could have been the wrong guy on the wrong day in the sense that they just had an issue with Jeff Hardy being removed from a flight and did nothing about it. Whether it was setting an example or they felt they had to let him go remains to be seen.

Shawn Michaels was seen as a big proponent of Cade's backstage, which was evident when Michaels put him over on TV a few weeks ago leading into the No Mercy PPV. With Cade's win over Michaels and being aligned with Chris Jericho, it looked like Cade's long-awaited break was finally coming. Cade, who isn't commenting in full on his release from WWE, did say he knows what he did to cause the release, but felt things could have been handled better on both sides. He is now looking at working the independent scene and doing things with his career that he wanted to do before signing with WWE. It should be noted that Michaels destroying Cade the night after No Mercy on Raw with all the chair shots was not a reaction to him having a bad night on the 9/29 Raw against DX and had nothing to do with him being let go.

wrestleview.com

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
him and hardy were probably thizzin and they had cade take the fall for it cuz jeff hardy makes money for them and cade doesnt