Jeremy Newberry To The raiders?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I see both Fatal's and Solitary's points.... but if he could stay healthy he'd be a great pick up. But his knee/knees are jacked though. The Raiders would have to have a good physical evaluation. Mike Nolan is probably tired of dealing with his injuries or maybe the 49er doctor's know that he's pretty much done.

In my opinion he'd be a good addition and would bring toughness to our soft ass o-line, but I don't think he would finish the season. When was the last time he finished a season completely healthy?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
After thinking about it, I'd take that gamble. It could pay off... we need someone like him with a mean attitude. I'd sign him to an incentive laced contract.. if he plays a certain amount of downs he'll get paid. But it's risky... I'd roll the dice on it.

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
I think this is the point everyone is trying to get across. He doesnt SEEM to want to do that.
LOL. It's not his choice to get hurt.

The point I've been trying to make is he hasn't given himself the opportunity to heal. He's always playing injured.. This last season is the first season he's actually allowed his body to heal.. I understand Solitary's concerns, I'm just saying he has a better chance to stay healthy this year than he has had in previous years because he finally took the time off to heal.. This is why I thin the Niners are making a mistake by releasing him. I know his injuries are the career ending type, but I woul dhave liked the Niners to give him a last shot..

Apr 25, 2002
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Thats what im saying. To this point, he has NOT done that. What makes you think he will do it differently this time around?
What? He took all of last season off. I don't know if you knew that or not, but that's giving himself time to heal.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Solitary 1 said:
I MIGHT BE OPEN TO GIVING THE GUY A SHOT... IT NEEDS TO BE A CONTRACT BASED ON PERFORMANCE PERIOD...
Exactly. I am liking how our coaching staff is being put together.

Jan 4, 2003
Solitary 1 said:
I MIGHT BE OPEN TO GIVING THE GUY A SHOT... IT NEEDS TO BE A CONTRACT BASED ON PERFORMANCE PERIOD...
if its based on that I wouldn't mind bringing him in.. But at this point in his career the guys been hit by the injury bug..