Jedi Mind Tricks, Sean Price, and Grayskull Concert

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I just check out this concert last night. Pittsburgh was the first leg of the tour and then they're heading out around the US from there. I figure I'd give everyone my two cents in case anyone here is planning on checkin' them out.

Vinnie Paz was the only member from Jedi Mind there. Jus Allah was replaced by Warchild. Stoupe was replaced by DJ Question. I never thought I'd say this about a concert where only 1/3 of the group shows up, but Vinnie rocked it. DJ Question just played the beats and scratched to it, but he was real fuckin nasty. He did his verses off of all the albums, mostly the popular shit. The fans really got into it. They knew how to work the crowd and get people involved.

Sean P was alright. I couldn't really hear his lyrics that well but he had good stage presence. It wasn't the same though cuz you could tell the crowd just came for Jedi Mind. Grayskull was cool too, but I couldn't hear their lyrics at all, probably cuz I was sitting in the back of the bar the whole time.

This is one of the better concerts I've gone to. I know a few other heads from the Siccness were there (EMS, P-Kay) and a couple of heads travelling around with Grayskull from the Seattle area (Sonny Bonoho).

Check this shit out..i had a great time.

Jul 22, 2006
Last time I saw Sean Price perform live he nearly passed out on stage.

I still prefer him over the rest of the people in the line up for this concert.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
livemanikins said:
do you have the info on what cities are next?
The only flier I got was for where Grayskul would be performing with Jedi Mind and Sean P next. So if Grayskul isn't gonna be at every venue, then this list isn't complete:

4/4 Cleveland
4/5 Ann Arbor
4/6 Chicago
4/9 Englewood, CO
4/10 Boulder, CO
4/11 Vail, CO
4/12 Park City, UT
4/13 Las Vegas
4/14 LA
4/15 Solana Beach

I got my tickets on Ticketmaster, but it had the concert listed under "Alternative" and not "Rap/Hip-Hop" for some reason.

P-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2002
Yes I had a GREAT time at this. The sound system as a whole kinda blew and like Stealth said it was hard to hear the lyrics.. especially with Grayskul and Sean Price. I was just drinking my ass off waiting for Jedi Mind. I knew Jus Allah wasn't gonna be there which sucked.. but Vinnie Paz has always been my favorite anyways. My main worry was that he wouldn't do anything from "Violent By Design" (one of the best albums EVER imo) with no Jus, but damn was I wrong. Vinnie rocked his verse to all of the classics on there, including Retaliation, I Against I, Heavenly Divine, Ghengis Khan, etc.

Overall it was worth it just to see Paz live, because i've wanted to for so long.. and if you're a fan of old Jedi Mind Tricks.. try to catch one of these shows because he WILL do all the classics as well as the new shit.

"I'm savage, I write rhymes in pitch blackness"

P-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2002
Upcoming Shows

Apr 5 2007 8:00P - Blind Pig Ann Arbor, Michigan
Apr 6 2007 8:00P - Subterranean Chicago, Illinois
Apr 9 2007 7:00P - Gothic Theater Englewood, Colorado
Apr 10 2007 8:00P - Fox Theatre Boulder, Colorado
Apr 11 2007 8:00P - 8150 Vail, Colorado
Apr 12 2007 8:00P - Suede Park City, Utah
Apr 13 2007 8:00P - University Theatre Las Vegas, Nevada
Apr 14 2007 8:00P - Henry Fonda Theatre Los Angeles, California
Apr 15 2007 8:00P - Belly Up Solana Beach, California
Apr 20 2007 8:00P - Sonar Baltimore, Maryland
Apr 21 2007 8:00P - Trocadero Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Apr 22 2007 8:00P - Gramercy Theatre New York, New York
May 6 2007 8:00P - Bamboozle Fest - The Meadowlands East Rutherford, New Jersey

This is from JMT's myspace.. these shows and then they're doin all 3 Rock the Bells