JBL Says Farewell To The Fans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2002
John Bradshawn Layfield who quit last night at Wrestlemania wrote a farewell blog today on the WWE Universe site.

“I had wanted to make it to WM 25 for years, and when injuries cut my career short the one regret I had was that I wouldn’t make the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania,” he wrote. “Well, I made it. I never dreamed after I retired the first time that my back would get better and I would be allowed to return to wrestling…

“I don’t know what the future holds, never say never in life. But I have wrestled my last match. Months ago, I picked out this match. If Eddie Guerrero couldn’t be here for it then my dear friend Rey [Mysterio] was the obvious choice, and I’m proud he was. I want to thank the WWE for a great career, for taking a chance on me and allowing me the keys to the car for a while. I will always represent the WWE wherever I go, I am proud of my 13 ½ years with the WWE. And, I am proud of the WWE for cleaning up a great sport to make it more healthy to everyone that is a part.

“However, I have no current plans on doing anything in the future on a professional level with WWE. I don’t plan on doing commentary. In fact, it hasn’t even been brought up to me. I don’t plan on being an on air character. I plan on starting the next chapter in my life, and closing the door on this one.”

To read more visit WWE Universe.

Nov 10, 2006
Kind of surprising they didn't make him an offer to do commentary on Smackdown, especially with Taz leaving. He also looked like he is at his healthiest weight of his career.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I thought JBL deserved a better WrestleMania match than that 20 second garbage they gave us. Unless he had an injury and couldn't go, then there's really no excuse for that match.

I'm not quite sure why Kid Rock was even there...maybe they should have had him perform at Mania when it was in Detroit. I dunno. His performance was way too long, and could have resulted in the brevity of the JBL/Rey "match" as well as the cutting of the tag match.

Thanks for the memories JBL. I was there in Norfolk, VA at the Great American Bash when you beat Eddie for the title, and I was proudly holding my JBL sign.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
contract expired, didnt wanna renew, i read somewhere he wanted to "recharge his batteries" etc
Let's hope by recharging his batteries, he means he's gonna wrestle again. I remember the PPV he debuted at. That's the most excited I have ever been for a new(to me) wrestler debut.

Foley, JBL and Taz gone? Coachman too right?
Foley's over at TNA playing the crazy man right now. Some think he's gonna respark his Cactus Jack or Dude Love characters. Foley's my favorite wrestler of all time. Mainly because of his offair personality and his humble, giving nature.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Taz was a subpar ring announcer IMO, i don't know who if not JBL is worthy of replacing him though. I hope they dont bring in fuckin Joey Styles.

Nov 14, 2002
i sure am gonna be his flabby tits
Are you?

Taz was a subpar ring announcer IMO, i don't know who if not JBL is worthy of replacing him though. I hope they dont bring in fuckin Joey Styles.
Everything in this quote is the opposite of correct. Taz was great color, JBL already commentated for a minute and was ok... when he wasn't making oldschool sports references nobody understood, and Joey Styles yelling "Oh my god" should have been at Wrestlemania.

Edit: As far as Coach goes.... From wrestlinginc.com
WWE.com added a profile on former announcer Jonathan Coachman sometime last week.

Feb 8, 2003
I thought JBL deserved a better WrestleMania match than that 20 second garbage they gave us. Unless he had an injury and couldn't go, then there's really no excuse for that match.

I'm not quite sure why Kid Rock was even there...maybe they should have had him perform at Mania when it was in Detroit. I dunno. His performance was way too long, and could have resulted in the brevity of the JBL/Rey "match" as well as the cutting of the tag match.

Thanks for the memories JBL. I was there in Norfolk, VA at the Great American Bash when you beat Eddie for the title, and I was proudly holding my JBL sign.

Thats the outcome Rey and JBL came up with re read the article. Jbl basically was passing the tourch to rey and making his cahracter look stronger.

Feb 8, 2003
Why would Tazz and JBL wanna stay doing the same thing working for some body for the rest they lives when now they both financially set and invested they money right.. hbk and taker are next(bc they both are in bad shape from that wm match). dont forget all these guys have families and little kids to watch grow they all been on the road for like 12 years or more constantly why keep living out the luggage if you dont have too only reason flair was doing it is bc he fucked over alot of his money. you cant do the same thing forever some people on here arent gonna stay at they resturant or factory jobs forever.

Ultimate Warrior was right when he said get your money and move on bc there comes a time in your life when you gotta get out the biz and move on so your image and legacy wont be tarnished. imo I think Flair pissed on his whole legacy by still being in the wwe and wrestling so long.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Thats the outcome Rey and JBL came up with re read the article. Jbl basically was passing the tourch to rey and making his cahracter look stronger.
The article doesn't say anything about the outcome, it just going against Rey was his choice. Thanks though.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Ultimate Warrior was right when he said get your money and move on bc there comes a time in your life when you gotta get out the biz and move on so your image and legacy wont be tarnished. .
Thats funny that the warrior said that after his ultra lame attempt at a comeback with that spanish promotion, that man must have squandered his money big time because he was in the business when top guys like him were getting paid stupid cash.