Jazz' Derron Williams Traded to Nets for Devin Harris & Derrick Favors

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
The NETS jumped right back in the mix after losing Melo

ESPN is reporting that DERRON WILLIAMS and Picks on the way to the NETS for DERRICK FAVORS and DEVIN HARRIS

this also takes the Knicks out of the running for Williams if they sign him to an extension....... they will be going hard for Chris Paul

Sep 17, 2005
Devin Harris's career is gonna be like ANdre Miller. He's just good enough to have superstar potenetial, but thats what makes him great trade bait. He is gonna play for like 20 teams and never have the opportunity to fully develop and show out.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
The Utah Jazz have agreed to deal All-Star point guard Deron Williams(notes) to the New Jersey Nets in a trade that will send Derrick Favors(notes), Devin Harris(notes) and two first-round draft picks to Utah, sources tell Y! Sports.

The Nets will also receive forwards Brandan Wright(notes) and Dan Gadzuric(notes) from the Golden State Warriors in a separate trade that sends the Warriors forward Troy Murphy(notes). New Jersey will also send $3 million to the Jazz.

Williams, the two-time All-Star point guard, had been unhappy with the Jazz and the organization believed that he would leave as a free agent in 2012. His falling-out with ex-Jazz coach Jerry Sloan played a part in the Hall of Fame coach’s decision to retire earlier in the month.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
The nets have no talent around him tho...I think its a good trade for Utah...devil Harris is a monster..favors and Jefferson should be a deadly tandem..

Mar 16, 2005
Nets just gave up same compensation for williams as they would have for Melo and Chauncy. Proving my point Melo isnt as valuable as some think. Williams plays better D, plays more of a "team" game and can score as well. East Playoffs will be interesting to watch even though I hate the way the stars are running the league right now.

Jul 25, 2007
The nets have no talent around him tho...I think its a good trade for Utah...devil Harris is a monster..favors and Jefferson should be a deadly tandem..
Yup it was a good trade for Utah. D.Will would of pulled a Melo anyways and bounce at the end of the season. He wanted out of Utah. The Jazz got away with some good players and some picks and also the Nets has a good chance to be in the lottery.

Jan 18, 2006
that's pretty fucked they lost there coach and best player. Should have been one or the other. Good trade for both teams I guess, Utah came up even if end up not making the playoffs this season but they probably still will

May 2, 2002
even though I hate the way the stars are running the league right now.
Part of the problem is the media too. They don't want stars playing in small market teams. ESPN and other media outlets were calling Lebron a Knick since his 2nd year.

Soon it will be Howard in LA and CP3 in NY.

Your only option is to tank on purpose and hope to get the new star. Then you have to hope you win a ring cause then they will leave for the big market and it will start over again.

Sep 17, 2005
Or you can hope you actually find a star whos not a douchebag with the "I wanna be with the cool kids" syndrome. Like Durant or Duncan. Thats the thing, if you have that guy everyone else on the team will fall in line. OKC and SA got nothin but character players.

May 2, 2002
San Antonio won rings. Who knows what would have happened if they didn't win...although you are right that they have high character players (except for Parker doing his teammates wife).

I think Durant will stay long term but he's still young. If they don't win a ring though who knows.