JAPANESE VS AMERICAN GAMES.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Fuckin god dammit. My reply got erased. Siccness needs to get right with their forums.

Right now is a good time to buy. I wouldn't recommend a gold mutual fund though as you would end up paying a S/T redemption fee if you got out in the next few months...also fund managers often end up leveraging in hot markets only to see the bubble pop and their funds take a Thailand shit.

Buy shares of GLD and hedge with options. I see gold hitting 800 by the end of this summer. Hugo Chavez, Iran, Russia, and the Uzbekistan massacre are also great reasons to buy.

If you see a price drop continuing or the price flatlining, get out until just before this summer.

Dec 25, 2003
HERESY said:
These games SUCK! A couple of them look the same, and I bet they have the same engine.

FF7, Xenogears and Seiken Densetsu kill every game you just mentioned.
Graphically, yes, they suck. The most recent of those games is five years old.

However, some prefer substance over flash.

Rehashing the same stories about purple haired spike-headed teenage boys deciding to leave their families and become men while saving the inevitably wimpy, giggling female gets old imo.

I doubt you have seriously tried any of the games I mentioned, or kept an open mind about it. There is something completely different about the experience.

Also, if you're looking for (graphically) better, more recent examples of American RPGs, you can check out Jade Empire, Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic, etc.

They're nowhere near as high budget or as many in the number as JRPGs, but Britney Spears also sells millions of records, and she's not exactly a good performer, artist, etc.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
WHITE DEVIL said:
Fuckin god dammit. My reply got erased. Siccness needs to get right with their forums.

Right now is a good time to buy. I wouldn't recommend a gold mutual fund though as you would end up paying a S/T redemption fee if you got out in the next few months...also fund managers often end up leveraging in hot markets only to see the bubble pop and their funds take a Thailand shit.

Buy shares of GLD and hedge with options. I see gold hitting 800 by the end of this summer. Hugo Chavez, Iran, Russia, and the Uzbekistan massacre are also great reasons to buy.

If you see a price drop continuing or the price flatlining, get out until just before this summer.
Right now is a good time to buy? A year ago on may 31st, bullion (which is what I am interested in) had a low of $414.45, but as of may 12th 2006 it has a high of $725. You say to go ahead and purchase? I feel like shit right now. I had a chance to purchase a great deal at the $420 and 500 mark but I passed it up like a moron.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_role-playing_game

The best-selling CRPG series worldwide is Pokémon. It has sold over 91 million units across 11 different titles as of 2004. The second and third best-selling series worldwide are Square Enix's Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, respectively. As of 2006, Final Fantasy has sold 60 million units, while Dragon Warrior has sold over 35 million units.

I'll give you the pokémon and Britney Spears thing. You can have them both, however you are NOT going to convince me that FF7 and FF3 don't own the majority if not all of the american rpg's.

Rehashing the same stories about purple haired spike-headed teenage boys deciding to leave their families and become men while saving the inevitably wimpy, giggling female gets old imo
Fire Emblem, Xenogears (for the ps1) FF7, FF3, Seiken Densetsu 3, Mother, Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest don't really have spikey haired kids. (Cloud from FF7 would be the only spike head, his hair isn't purple and he isn't a kid.)

I doubt you have seriously tried any of the games I mentioned, or kept an open mind about it. There is something completely different about the experience.
Tried them? Yes. Seriously? Hell no. They suck.

Also, if you're looking for (graphically) better, more recent examples of American RPGs, you can check out Jade Empire, Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic, etc.
I can get into Knights of the Old Republic, that game is tight I can't front on it. Jade empire looks good and so does Oblivion, but I can't get into oblivion. On teh real, the whole middle earth looking themes with orcs, shining wizards, elves etc doesn't really do anything for me. Now, I admit, spikey haired purple teens isn't all that great either, but when you have religion, science and giant robots thrown into the same pot you get Xenogears.

I think part of my dislike for american RPG's is the dungeons and dragons look and feel it has.

Dec 25, 2003
You will see a short term pop in Gold by the end of this summer.

It would be nothing like this past year's gains, though. We're on the last stretch of a rally. Only if the economy takes a serious shit will Gold go much higher.

Dec 25, 2003
HERESY said:
I'll give you the pokémon and Britney Spears thing. You can have them both, however you are NOT going to convince me that FF7 and FF3 don't own the majority if not all of the american rpg's.

I can get into Knights of the Old Republic, that game is tight I can't front on it. Jade empire looks good and so does Oblivion, but I can't get into oblivion. On teh real, the whole middle earth looking themes with orcs, shining wizards, elves etc doesn't really do anything for me. Now, I admit, spikey haired purple teens isn't all that great either, but when you have religion, science and giant robots thrown into the same pot you get Xenogears.

I think part of my dislike for american RPG's is the dungeons and dragons look and feel it has.
I think early exposure also has to do with it. I was playing Daggerfall, Arena, and Fallout while I was playing FF7. It's just hard to describe the different sense of achivement you get in the games.

In a JRPG, it's like...you do a quest for somebody or whatever, and you really have no choice, you can't be creative, and you're pretty much at themercy of the storyline. Now FF7 is and was a tight game, but I personally get burned out about how "Japanese" alot of the shit is: the dialogue, the characters, the repetitve stories, etc.

In an American RPG it's like, you can kill the dude, or talk to the people who are selling him what he's buying, or turn them in to police, etc.

And as for religion and philosophy, Planescape absolutely buries Xenosaga/gears. I don't think anyone who has played them both would argue that.

But...The comparison was made before and I think it still stands.

Good movie vs Good book....

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I guess if someone doesnt like goblins/orcs/classic-RPG/dungeons/caves/swords/magic/etc... type of shit.. then it makes sense that they wouldnt like American cRPG's.

But shit, there is so much that those games give you that J-rpg's don't. And vice versa, there are quality points of jap RPG's that the other ones don't have either.

But man.. after getting through a long session of playing Oblivion or Wizardry or any of their predecessors.. (or might & magic series is sick).. you feel like you fucking went through a long ass journey to get there. Its like youre playing real life type of shit. Every time I load into Oblivion, the graphics are now powerful enough to make me able to visualize myself being there, and its trippy shit.

Dec 25, 2003
Psilo I got the dope ass mod pack for Oblivion...

Shit is off the chain.

I got:
New map icons / sprites (brown map is ugly)
Landscape texture redo
quickstart
G Loot mod
Sage's Balance mod

Basically, G Loot makes it so at least 70% of crates, barrels, etc. Have something worth taking without being lame and giving you too much money.

Sage's Balance fixes the lame "enemies level with you" problem...in addition you get more group fights, more challenging combat, etc.

After loading the balance and loot mods the game is like 3x as fun...get at me if u want links or sum...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
WHITE DEVIL said:
Psilo I got the dope ass mod pack for Oblivion...

Shit is off the chain.

I got:
New map icons / sprites (brown map is ugly)
Landscape texture redo
quickstart
G Loot mod
Sage's Balance mod

Basically, G Loot makes it so at least 70% of crates, barrels, etc. Have something worth taking without being lame and giving you too much money.

Sage's Balance fixes the lame "enemies level with you" problem...in addition you get more group fights, more challenging combat, etc.

After loading the balance and loot mods the game is like 3x as fun...get at me if u want links or sum...

ANd thats another reason why I hare american RPG's. You have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many add on packs and mods.

Dec 25, 2003
"Headed for the equator" means going to shit ala South American countries near the equator...sort of an inside joke.

A few of my guys are shorting gold now as this looks to be more than a selloff or correction.

Edit: Fuck that I just looked at the chart...I think we're near the bottom. I still stand by my "buy" recommendation.

Also, about mods...mods are optional...and they increase playing time, customization options, etc. If you're gonna spend 100+ hours playing a game, why not spend ten minutes and d/l or install a mod?

Counter-strike was a Half Life mod....I spent about 30 hours playing Half-Life...and probly 1500+ over the whole time (7, 8 years) I've played CS.

Mods are nothing more than options to customize or add to your game.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Oh SHIT those mods sound sick, i havent heard of those ones. The "scaling" system where the enemies are equivalent to you is the worst part about the game. I think ill beat it in like a week (lol.. maybe....) then im gonna start a new game and be more complete. Although im thourough right now, i like to see whats happening in every city.

Mods are totally optional. Its not like you have to use them... no way. They just add to the game. Thats such a benefit over console RPG's. Our shit is endless.