jamarcus russel is the worst nfl player in the game

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
u know i was watching jamarcus' random videos on youtube... and he has a lot of decent plays... i think this kid can do it.. with the right attitude....... im sorry but i may be the only raider fan who still likes JR and has hope for this kids future.......
sorry bro, you're on your own... I gave up on Russell week 2 of the season

Jun 1, 2002
AS PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WILL TELL YOU, I WAS ONE OF HIS BIGGEST SUPPORTERS. HE ENDED LAST SEASON STRONG AND WAS SHOWING MANY SIGNS OF BECOMING A GREAT QB. SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO WHERE HIS HEAD IS NO LONGER IN THE GAME. HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE GREAT. HE DOESN'T CARE. I'VE HEARD RUMORS THAT HE'S BEEN IN OAKLAND SIPPIN PROMETH. WHO KNOWS? OBVIOUSLY, I CAN NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS GUY. HE'S HURTING THE TEAM AND DOESN'T EVEN CARE.

WE NEED TO CUT HIM.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
AS PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WILL TELL YOU, I WAS ONE OF HIS BIGGEST SUPPORTERS. HE ENDED LAST SEASON STRONG AND WAS SHOWING MANY SIGNS OF BECOMING A GREAT QB. SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO WHERE HIS HEAD IS NO LONGER IN THE GAME. HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE GREAT. HE DOESN'T CARE. I'VE HEARD RUMORS THAT HE'S BEEN IN OAKLAND SIPPIN PROMETH. WHO KNOWS? OBVIOUSLY, I CAN NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS GUY. HE'S HURTING THE TEAM AND DOESN'T EVEN CARE.

WE NEED TO CUT HIM.
I think he's just a young immature kid who let fame and money get to his head, we def need to cut him

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Hate to say it but I gave up on Russell, when Gradowski came in and started moving the ball and our offense began to show signs of life. Schilens and Gallery were out most of the season but JR still should've/could've played better than he did.

When he showed up to training camp overweight (and got fined for it) and then started losing accuracy on his throws is when he blew it.

I think he's in Al's dog house and that's not good.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Oh yeah off topic a bit, I gave up on DHB after those drops (and one caused INT) against K.C.

We may have the worst receiver on our hands too.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah I'm pretty sure Al is done with him

the fact that they're starting Frye on Sunday against Denver pretty much tells us that the Raiders have given up on him, and I'm glad

I wasn't sure with Al... but it looks like he's gonna make the right choice (hopefully). I hope he keeps Gradkowski and cuts Russell. I also hope he keeps Cable as out head coach (unless we can get someone better... not Fassel or some wack ass coach) but we need an offensive coordinator... I think Cable can do decent as a head coach, but we need someone who can do a better job at calling plays

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah we need a better play caller, that's why I've been begging for Martz. But I know it's not going to happen but he is available and looking for work (he wants at shot at coaching the Bills), but he may not want to work with Al/Raiders.

Martz's offense scores points and that's what we need.

Cable is cool but he calls the same plays and gets predictable. That's why most of the time our plays get snuffed out. That's why Zach Miller keeps getting blasted (or maybe it's because Russell doesn't look off defenders and just stares them down).

Jun 1, 2002
I SAY HE HIRE MARC TRESTMAN BACK AS OC. HE WAS DOPE DURING THE GANNON ERA AND IS STILL WIDELY RESPECTED AS A PLAYCALLER.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH- HIS TEAM JUST WON THE CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE EQUIVALENT TO THE SUPERBOWL.

DON'T SNICKER. I'M SERIOUS. DUDE IS A GOOD COACH.

Jan 18, 2006
I was a big JR supporter also, i was one of the last to finally give up on him but like Tony said once Gradkowski started doing as well as he has its pretty obvious JR was just shitty no way around it. Im not worried about the playbook as much as i am worried about the O-Line improving, we got the backs and receivers to have good balanced offense but our O-line gives our runningbacks minimal success and some what the same with receivers.

May 9, 2002
Feb 8, 2006
The Raiders can hire all the OC's, DC's, and HC's they want but until Al Davis hands over his GM duties to a RAL GM, the Raiders are FUCKED. Period. He has single handedly run the Raiders entire franchise into the GROUND.

It seems a bit grim for the Raiders, as Al Davis said he wont retire until he wins to more SB's...or dies. Yall better hope he has some kind of condition.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/buzz/2007/11/20/al-davis-two-super-bowls-or-bust-im-betting-on-bust/
i mean i'm a 9er fan but we all know out here that AL controls the first 2 picks. The people out here are well aware of that situation and are not happy. But Al keeps surviving the assasination attempts.

heres a local billboard in oakland

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
your honor, I rest my case:

Brandt: Russell’s cost to Raiders

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, December 19th, 2009 at 9:28 am in Oakland Raiders.

Andrew Brandt, a former front office executive with the Green Bay Packers, laid out the details of the JaMarcus Russell contract in terms of how much they’ve paid him and how the ramifications of cutting him.

In his column in the National Football Post, Brandt reports the Raiders are in to Russell for at least $3 million next season, bringing the total outlay to $39.4 million if he were to be cut following the season.

The salary cap situation is unknown in the absence of a collective bargaining agreement. Should a CBA be reached, Russell’s hit could be $18 million. Brandt also writes there is talk of “cap-dumping” provisions in the absence of a CBA.

In any event, Brandt concludes, “It’s hard to believe there’s ever been so much paid for so little.”

That was the deal the Raiders haggled over to the point where Russell didn’t arrive until the second week of the season, although they obviously didn’t foresee their top pick falling off the face of the earth in Year 3.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
I said it then and I keep sayin it now....tha only reason that mutha fucca held out for so much money is he knew deep down in his heart that he couldnt play and wanted to sqeeze every last penny out of this contract.....

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I said it then and I keep sayin it now....tha only reason that mutha fucca held out for so much money is he knew deep down in his heart that he couldnt play and wanted to sqeeze every last penny out of this contract.....
you aint lyin. he never had that qb swagger about him. never. he just looked shook from the jump.