Jam Master Jay, Run-DMC DJ, Killed In Shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.40ouncerecords.com
Run DMC & Jam Master Jay came to our studio (Rated Z) in 1992 to do a few songs. I had Davey D and KMEL come broadcast live one morning on the morning show. Afterwards, Me, E-40, B-Legit, Run, DMC, Jam Master Jay, Johnny Z, TL and a few others went and ate at Highway 29 Cafe on the outskirts of Vallejo. They ended up doing 3 songs at the studio. During one of the songs, Jay asked me what were some slangs words for "friends or homies". I told him all of the slang that we used and he used it in his rap. It ended up in a song called "Props" (People, Potnas, Playas Gatha Round) that never came out until Johnny Z put it as a hidden track on "Johnny Z's Hardest Hits -HIS-Story". After we found out they they weren't gonna use the song, I sampled the part that I wrote and used it for the chorus on "Gatha Round" off of "N2DEEP -24/7/365". Bottom line, Jam Master Jay came to Vallejo and showed nothing but love. RIP, to a legend.....

May 20, 2002
A nig was hopping that shit wasn't true. He brought a lot to the rap game more than anyone of us will ever know. Jay was a gangsta and you will be missed foe life homie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
FUCK... first album I ever owned was Run DMC Raising Hell. Jam Master Jay will forever be my favorite DJ. God damn, I hate when shit like this happens! what the fuck is going on in this world!!!???

RIP homie

His turntable might wobble, but it won't fall down

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
damn but what happened??? all it said in the article was two people got shot in the studio, why kill him??

this is some fucked up shit, Rest in Peace to a true legend and pioneer of the music that we all know and love.

Thanks for the history.

May 5, 2002
when I first heard this shit I was lit and my high completely faded away... I was overcome with anger and sadness. Run DMC is tha reason I started listening to rap music, and their album "King Of Rock" that came out in 1985 was my first rap album... My God rest your soul homeboy, California Loves You :( :(

:::gOnE:::

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
RIP Jay.

It's very unfortunate that something like this happened to a true pioneer in this. Without people like him we wouldn't even be sittin' at our computers talkin' about hip hop music.

What's a trip about it though is how this illustrates that anyone can be a victim of this shit. It's not like he was some young buck runnin' the streets makin' enemies. It doesn't come as too much of a shock when someone like that gets hit, but Jay was a grown ass man and someone still did him like that. It's a shame.