Jakks Pacific UFC toys

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
As WWE ends, UFC kicks into high gear!
pad
By Justin Aclin
Posted 2/15/2009
pad
pad
[NY TOY FAIR] JAKKS PACIFIC2009 may be the last year Jakks Pacific will be putting out toys under the WWE license, but (to mix sports metaphors) they're going down swinging. 2009 releases planned for the Classic Superstars line include: Andre the Giant, Jesse Ventura, Goldberg, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Outback Jack, Crush and Mr. Fuji. The figures weren't on display at the show, but keep checking back in ToyFare magazine (cheap plug!) for the latest images.

The new source of brawl action for Jakks is their Ultimate Fighting Championship license, which kicks off for spring 2010, but will be on shelves in time for the holidays. Jakks displayed their first wave of UFC figures, including Brock Lessner, Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson, Antonio Noguera and Forrest Griffin, as well as a collector-targeted Octagon ring playset, in-scale to the characters.

If you can't wait that long to get UFC figures, Jakks is currently auctioning off an in-package Chuck Liddell prototype, signed by the fighter himself, to benefit the Special Olympics. Go to ufc.com for more details.

SMH, I thought about these when UFC was getting really popular but thought that they'd make them more like how they have football and baseball figures, but nope they're going for the kids. ROFL @ the octagon.

Nov 5, 2004
I won't lie, that octagon is tight. If I was a kid I'd get that.

I guess UFC is trying to really hit the kid market, seeing as how wrestling is hella gay these days.

UFC is trying to be what WWF was when we were kids.