jacoby ellsbury signs a 34 year contract for 8 billion w/ the yankees

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
im not sure how i feel about the Ms possibly signing cano

on the one hand i have a lot of respect for cano and would watch him play, itd get me all on board again

on the other hand ive been frustrated at the Ms for fucking ever and am damn near ready to boycott this team, and signing cano doesn't necessarily mean theyre serious about competing, could just be a ploy to get fans interested again

i dunno lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i was just reading an article that jack Z and howard lincoln offered cano 9 yrs 225mil, but jay z demanded 252 million, "at which point Howard Lincoln exploded", and the talks immediately ended, lol

the article was 'talks with cano end on sour note', i was trying to post it here but the huffington post kept freezing my ps3 lol

fucking jay z... if he did that then i think cano wasnt serious about coming to the mariners and they were probably just trying to drive his trade value up. oh well, good luck cano. scott boras used to be the ultimate douche agent now i guess jayz is trying to fill those shoes

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
cano and the mariners have agreed to a 10 year $240 million deal. the mariners stadium will sell out for a handful of games this year. other then those sellouts the mariners will continue to average 22000 fans a home game. the stadium seats 47900 when its full. how can a team make money when it only fills up 45% of home stadium seats

2013 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
cano and the mariners have agreed to a 10 year $240 million deal. the mariners stadium will sell out for a handful of games this year. other then those sellouts the mariners will continue to average 22000 fans a home game. the stadium seats 47900 when its full. how can a team make money when it only fills up 45% of home stadium seats

2013 MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball - ESPN
because safeco is a world class stadium. sure theres hotdogs pizza etc, but theres also steak, shrimp, expensive scotch and martinis, all that. and seattles average income is like $100,000. lots of ppl who could care less about baseball go there just to drink and eat and hangout. and a lot of out of towners plan their vacations around when their home teams play here and visit safeco

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
lol i hate to get excited so much cause ive been let down over and over and the past 12 years has been fucking brutal, but this signing is awesome lol

god i hope it works and these young guys start winning. its been way too long.. being a mariners fan is brutal

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
hes gonna play really hard for the 1st couple years
then cano will say fuck it and go on vacation for a year or 2
aint nobody gonna overpay when this enormous contract is over
lets just hope it aint a fail from the start like josh hamilton contarct is

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm not excited at all. One player and Willie Bloomquist won't put us over the top of The A's, Rangers, or Angels. And 10 years?!?! I thought mlb teams learned that's not a good idea.
if the goddamn youngsters can get going the m's will be solid... all depends on them. if its another losing season bye bye jack z

Sep 15, 2009
Cano is an awesome player but has nobody learned anything from Yankees and Angels? Teams need to stop offering 10 year contracts. Cano won't bust like Pujols and Hamilton immediately but he will eventually. Because of his desire for a huge payday, Cano will rot in Seattle.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
joe camel tried to extort the mariners out of $27 million more and a extra year for cano when he claimed that $225 over 9 was good enough. the extortion attempt backfired so the camel accepted the 10 yr $240 million deal

Nov 18, 2010
no hes dead

but nintendo owns them, yes
So that's how they found ichiro!

Also I don't understand the people saying players deserve less, it isn't like if they get paid less you'll see cheaper ticket prices and merchandise. It'll just be larger profit margins for the team's ridiculously rich owners.

And no team is truly fucked until Jeff Loria takes over.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2006
mike napoli, boston's favorite drunk, just reupped for 2 more years in the bean at 16m per.

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

First baseman Mike Napoli made it clear after the World Series that he wanted to stay with the Red Sox. He liked his first season in Boston so much that he stuck around for a few weeks after the World Series.

Team officials also wanted Napoli back and on Friday night a two-year, $32 million deal was reached.

“The beard is coming back to Boston!!! Couldn’t be happier!!” Napoli posted on Twitter at 9:09 p.m. WEEI reported first that a deal was in place.

The Red Sox had competition from the Texas Rangers and several other teams on Friday, another busy day for baseball. That served to bring the agreement into place.

The Rangers, major-league sources said, had a more lucrative deal on the table but Napoli elected to stay with the Red Sox. He said several times during and after the season how much he enjoyed playing in Boston and his teammates.

“It’s a great fit for me,” Napoli said following the Series. “This is where I want to stay and I want to work something out. I love playing here, everything about it.”

Napoli was an important piece of the offseason plan for the Red Sox. He hit .259 with an .842 OPS last season, contributing 23 home runs and 92 RBIs to an offense that was the best in the game. The righthanded hitter is important to the middle of the order to balance lefthanded slugger David Ortiz.

See the Globe tomorrow for more on the deal.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
with the beltran signing its not a lot of money or years compared to the disaster that canos career and contract will eventually become. 2 or 3 great years on the yankees and carlos might eventually make it to the hall of fame

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
mike napoli, boston's favorite drunk, just reupped for 2 more years in the bean at 16m per.

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

First baseman Mike Napoli made it clear after the World Series that he wanted to stay with the Red Sox. He liked his first season in Boston so much that he stuck around for a few weeks after the World Series.

Team officials also wanted Napoli back and on Friday night a two-year, $32 million deal was reached.

“The beard is coming back to Boston!!! Couldn’t be happier!!” Napoli posted on Twitter at 9:09 p.m. WEEI reported first that a deal was in place.

The Red Sox had competition from the Texas Rangers and several other teams on Friday, another busy day for baseball. That served to bring the agreement into place.

The Rangers, major-league sources said, had a more lucrative deal on the table but Napoli elected to stay with the Red Sox. He said several times during and after the season how much he enjoyed playing in Boston and his teammates.

“It’s a great fit for me,” Napoli said following the Series. “This is where I want to stay and I want to work something out. I love playing here, everything about it.”

Napoli was an important piece of the offseason plan for the Red Sox. He hit .259 with an .842 OPS last season, contributing 23 home runs and 92 RBIs to an offense that was the best in the game. The righthanded hitter is important to the middle of the order to balance lefthanded slugger David Ortiz.

See the Globe tomorrow for more on the deal.
Lol is he trying to fight someone in that picture? It's always funny how many baseball players smoke and love to drink. I always thought it was funny when my cousin asked me for cigs or weed lol.