J-Mack questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2008
New York City
That J-Mack EP "Crime Rate" is unbelievable...one of the best mid-90s gangster albums I've heard...man, he really does sound like he's losing his mind on that track "Sac City".

I first heard J-Mack on that first Hollow Tip record (I think he gives Hollow Tip a run for his money on every track he appears on) , and tracked down the songs off his EP as soon as I could.
I've been looking for any concrete info about this guy, but it has been hard to come by. Some comments I've read imply that he is dead...is this true?
Also, was he gang affiliated? Where in Sacramento was he from? Does he have any noteworthy collabs with any other Sac rappers besides Hollow Tip? Finally, are any of his later releases worth checking out?

Aug 16, 2002
J_MACK IS A BEAST! WHEN I LIVED IN THE NORTH HE STAYED RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER FROM HE WAS ALWAYS ON THE BLOCK KIKN IT BURNIN SHIT DOWN! HE FROM DPH BLOODS FROM WHAT I KNOW.... IF HE DIED THAT IS NEWS TO ME...I DONT THINK SO THO!

that nigga b fuckin gassin on this song! "I twist like a 44 mag, pants gon sag, hop out tha jag with a FLAME RAG"

Feb 21, 2006
His other albums are King of the ring (Highly reccomended, if u can get your hands on it), Bloody Money (good album) Crime rate 2k2 (mostly Kingof the ring tracks)

Nov 10, 2002
H-TOWN
Yes, you can pop in Crime Rate and really feel a rush. His hyped style seems like he was ready to get out of the booth and do samethin.

Nov 20, 2007
^^^he's dead?

i always thought him and hollow woulda sounded tight doin an album together. they woulda definitely brought out the best in each other on the flows. the shit on flawless was heat too.