it's official, cop that killed grant is out on bail

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2006
just announced on the news

Former Officer In BART Shooting Released On Bail

Friday, February 6, 2009 – updated: 5:26 pm PST February 6, 2009
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Former Bay Area Rapid Transit police Officer Johannes Mehserle, who faces murder charges for the shooting death of Oscar Grant III early on New Year's Day, was released from custody Friday on $3 million bail, according to Alameda County Sheriff's Sgt. J.D. Nelson.

Nelson said Mehserle, 27, was released from the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin at 3:45 p.m.

Based on videos and other evidence, Mehserle is charged with murder for allegedly shooting Grant, a 22-year-old Hayward man who has a criminal record but was unarmed at the time, in the back as Grant lay face down on the platform at the Fruitvale station in Oakland shortly after 2 a.m. on Jan. 1.

Feb 9, 2003
Out on bail fresh outta jail
California dreamin'
Soon as Mehserle stepped on the scene
He's hearin' Siccness hoochies screamin'
Fiendin for money and a trip to Canada
the life of a Fruitvale playa where Oscar Grants die and its all ball
Only in Cali where we riot not rally to live and die

PS. Oaktown...Oakland definitely in the house

Feb 9, 2003
In The Bay we wearin' BAPES not Ballies (that's right)
Dressed in Stunnas and hyphy suits and ride BART is what we do
Scrappin' but have caution we collide with the boys in blue
Famous cause we riot townwide
Let'em recognize from Imperial to West Oak-land
Jumpin and stylin' like a Thizz jam, it's Grant pride
So you know the O won't bow down to no man
Say what you say
But give me that bomb beat from Mac Dre
Let me serenade the streets of The Bay
From Oakland to Sacktown
The Bay Area and back down
Northern Cali is where the Sicc put they mack down
Give me love!

Dec 4, 2006
pisses me off tho...

there's cats that can't even bail because the judge refuses to drop down their bail or set them at no bail...

FUCK THIS BITCH ASS COP AND EVERYONE SUPPORTING HIS PUNK ASS...

Apr 23, 2006
pisses me off tho...

there's cats that can't even bail because the judge refuses to drop down their bail or set them at no bail...

FUCK THIS BITCH ASS COP AND EVERYONE SUPPORTING HIS PUNK ASS...
werent we originally sayin that he should be tried equally as everyone else in his situation would have been... givin people no bail with no priors is not justice thats just more bitch legal shit

besides they have the whole ordeal on video so im pretty sure he will get convicted ... maybe not get life like he should but at least a hefty sentence

Dec 4, 2006
werent we originally sayin that he should be tried equally as everyone else in his situation would have been... givin people no bail with no priors is not justice thats just more bitch legal shit

besides they have the whole ordeal on video so im pretty sure he will get convicted ... maybe not get life like he should but at least a hefty sentence

there's non-cops with that are going through the same shit and their bail still set at no-bail or more than 5 mill....

It's obvious the BART agency pitched in to bail him out...

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Boeg said all the police departments held "fundraisers" to help him out, and boeg personally put in 500