It's an art form...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 5, 2017
I just binged on YouTube taking in a lot of Bay Area music and the one thing that stands out is that niggas ain't artists. They're just dudes talking into a microphone sometimes ruining a perfectly good beat.

I expect the beat makers to bring dope instrumentals. Likewise, I expect the spitters to use their voice like an instrument. Add something to the track! You can tell which producers actually know music and which ones are just banging out shit. You can also tell who the lyricists/poets are versus cats just talking into a mic. I wouldn't expect a musician to play the same music at a wedding that he plays at a funeral so why would I expect a rapper to sound the same on a getting paid song and a r.i.p. song? Even on street records, it's about content and delivery. A lot of these dudes have neither.

The current state of the music game got cats believing they gotta choose quantity over quality. That's bullshit. If you got talent, you can bang out a song a day and bring constant heat. The problem is... these niggas calling themselves rappers, ain't.