Is X-Raided On His Way Down?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
What do you all think? I mean I will always buy his albums regardless. I own every single one, but I am sayin his new shit mainly I just am not fealing. X-Raided spits some hardcore shit, but him fuckin with BIG HOLLIS'S beats just aint working for him. They too soft for his flow. He needs to go back to those hardcore beats. Anyone else feal me on this?

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
I think the City of Kings album was alright, but not nearly as good as his old shit for one reason and one reason only: BIG HOLLIS. That man has the most repetitive production of any producer in the world. Sounds like he's striking the same key on a piano over and over if you get my drift. X-Raided still spit hard as ever on the City of Kings album, but Hollis is just too repetitive for me. Sometimes Hollis can get a knoccin beat, but it seems like 90% of the time I'm like fuck this beat is weak or soft or just plain boring. X-Raided needs to wake up and see that his production is crap. For all you Hollis fans I'm sorry, but I don't think that man has a creative mind cause it's the same shit over and over again. X-Raided albums without Hollis=Classic, X-Raided albums with Hollis=Second Rate. Drop Hollis and get back to the classic shit says I.

Late!

Jun 12, 2002
^^^^^^^^^

You couldn't have said that shit better. One of the most sounds he uses is the Concerto sound, from VIM track "Write What I See" got damn that shit is used in damn near every beat. It sometimes sounds like he got the same patterns goin on and on. I feel you on that 1

May 6, 2002
All i know is that The Initiation (in my opinion and probably only me) is the best album of 2001 and so far 2002. shit is so damn heated its not even funny. i dont think X is on a decline, its just his production. on sac-a-indo x spits fire!!!! so no, x is not goin down, just get him behind some more shit thats his sound.

May 11, 2002
I think X-Raided's new shit is straight garbage. I can't stand Hollis and his production. It is horrible and like Blutarski said it's repetitive. Raided needs darker beats or have the people who produced "Unforgiven Vol.1" to do his production. To me that is Raided best album to date. He needs to go back to that style instead of his style now. He has Kingpen repeating every word he says like Killa Tay. I CAN'T stand Kingpen. Sac-A-Indo was a waste of $17 to me. I will not buy another Raided album if it is produced by Hollis.

Apr 25, 2002
WHA!!!!

AHH HELL NAW, IM RIDIN SOLO ON THIS ONE........HOLLIS GOT THEM GANGSTA BEATS IF YA AINT KNOWIN.......HE DOES GET REPETITIVE ON THA SOUNDS THO, BUT THE SOUNDS ARE GANGSTA AS FUC'K.......IF YALL AINT KNOWIN, PEEP THAT WE FROM THE LBC SOUNDTRACK, KNOC'KIN ALL THA WAY THRU!!! AND THAT NEW NEW X-RAIDED IS BANGIN, SOMETIMES I CANT UNDERSTAND WHERE YALL COMIN FROM, BUT THATS YALL OPINION, BUT MINES IS THAT HOLLIS COME WITH SOME BANGERS FOR THE TRUNK, AND THATS ON THANGS, IF I HAD BIG SKRILL, ID FUC'K WITH THAT CAT ON THA BEATS ANYDAY, HE MAKE THAT SHIT TO RIDE AND SMOKE TO.........BUT YALL AINT KNOWIN!!!!!!!!!!

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
HOLLIS GETS EM ON THE BEATS...AND I LIKE X-RAIDED NOW BETTER THAN EVER...EVERYONE THINKS LIKE THIS ON THE SICCNESS...THEY WANT RAIDED TO GO BAC TO HIS OLD STYLE, THEY WANT LYNCH TO GO BAC TO SOTS TYPE SHIT...ARTISTS NEED TO CHANGE WITH THE TIMES TO AVOID PHALLIN OPHH...SOME OPH YALL NEED TO REALIZE THIS...ABA

Apr 25, 2002
M-PHIVE said:
EVERYONE THINKS LIKE THIS ON THE SICCNESS...THEY WANT RAIDED TO GO BAC TO HIS OLD STYLE, THEY WANT LYNCH TO GO BAC TO SOTS TYPE SHIT...ARTISTS NEED TO CHANGE WITH THE TIMES TO AVOID PHALLIN OPHH...SOME OPH YALL NEED TO REALIZE THIS...ABA
I think people just wants some QUALITY and original production...I hardly hear that in Hollis's beats...its the same played out, repetative ass, un creative sound thats been done 3743264987 times...is it so much to ask for something new and less predictable...Doesnt seem like anyone got the balls to experiment with something new anymore.

Jun 12, 2002
DeuceThatYungPimp

I like the word Codeine is using though ''darker beats'' like phonk beta and that style shit.as far as sac-a -indo project there 2 traccs on there i'm feeling and initiation again only 2 traccs even vengeance is mine 'most wanted'' and a few other only a handlfull though is even worth listening too.
Raided is locced up and still hella mad so they aint even a reason why he SHULD be softning up or on a decline that mothafucca shoul spit fire his whole career just his style of flows needs to change not his lyrics but his style of flow and them beats need to switch up with the quiccness also
2 C's

May 6, 2002
Why fix something that's not broke?.......Raided's old style was hella dope, so why change it up? And if you are going to change your style at least make sure it doesn't sound like somebody else's......or make sure that its somewhat better than your old style......and he seriously needs to drop Hollis and fuck with some of them cats that produced his Unforgiven Vol. 1........

Apr 25, 2002
for yall that think he fell off, pick up the Decoy album "Steppin Out The Mist" when it drops. theres a track on there with lynch and X on it that is TOO SICK. u will definately change your mind....

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
whoa whoa I don't Think X-Raided sucks himself. I think he spits hard as hell, but the fucking beats they puting behind his shit is way fuckin wack. True he needs to get that unforgiven type shit back and it would be tight as hell.

Jun 2, 2002
i personally hate it when just 1 producer does an artists album, or a compilation, every album needs to have flavor coming from all endz of the game, ya feelin. far as x-raided, he ain't eva going to fall off, his lyrics and everchanging style go down in the books as with some of the best.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
odogfelon said:
i personally hate it when just 1 producer does an artists album, or a compilation
Obviously you've never heard a First Degree album then. One artist is all he needs to rap, sing, produce and play any instrument to go along with it. The one reason he has been so successful while producing all of his music: ORIGINALITY. He never has the same thing twice. Hollis=Come up with one tight track, repeat it over and over again chaning one little thing each time. Nuff said.

Late!

A

All Out HOGG

Re: WHA!!!!

YoUnG k9 said:
AHH HELL NAW, IM RIDIN SOLO ON THIS ONE........HOLLIS GOT THEM GANGSTA BEATS IF YA AINT KNOWIN.......HE DOES GET REPETITIVE ON THA SOUNDS THO, BUT THE SOUNDS ARE GANGSTA AS FUC'K.......IF YALL AINT KNOWIN, PEEP THAT WE FROM THE LBC SOUNDTRACK, KNOC'KIN ALL THA WAY THRU!!! AND THAT NEW NEW X-RAIDED IS BANGIN, SOMETIMES I CANT UNDERSTAND WHERE YALL COMIN FROM, BUT THATS YALL OPINION, BUT MINES IS THAT HOLLIS COME WITH SOME BANGERS FOR THE TRUNK, AND THATS ON THANGS, IF I HAD BIG SKRILL, ID FUC'K WITH THAT CAT ON THA BEATS ANYDAY, HE MAKE THAT SHIT TO RIDE AND SMOKE TO.........BUT YALL AINT KNOWIN!!!!!!!!!!
R U BIG HOLLIS?