is warner done?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
saw his performance against the raiders...alhough a preseason game...he seemed like the same injured warner...floaters like blah.

Nov 14, 2002
Warner's overrated. He's a good QB, but nowhere near the best. And he definitely didn't deserve that MVP award. Even Ryan Leaf could put up decent numbers with the wideouts Warner had.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It said:
Warner's overrated. He's a good QB, but nowhere near the best. And he definitely didn't deserve that MVP award. Even Ryan Leaf could put up decent numbers with the wideouts Warner had.
those wideouts did help...but Leaf? that miGht have been too far...hahahhaa, that fool was one of the worst players ever

May 4, 2002
We'll see how Warner's season goes, but remember he has to wake up next to Billy Idol every morning. That would fuck with your head.

Mar 18, 2003
Sicc_Wit_It said:
I agree and have talked about this a time or two. I tend to look past the numbers put up by quaterbacks, and see what it is they have to work with. I HONESTLY think Ryan Leaf could lead that Super Bowl Rams squad into the post season. Does it strike anyone as odd that when Warner got hurt that both the second and third string quaterbacks stepped up and were successful? What about the Vikings when they won 15 games. There starter gets hurt, the second string (Cunningham) steps up and lands himself on the MVP ballots... this is not a coincidence fellas. Then you have players like Trent Dilfer who played for shitty ass teams his entire career, having NOBODY to throw to, and gets tossed around from team to team as if it's his fault. I thought it was quite funny when he got hurt in Tampa (while on a 6 game winning streak I think it was) then gets dished to Baltimore where he wins the Superbowl. Baltimore then dishes him to Seattle and COINCIDENTALLY, the Ravens flow the next season. That's why a lot of these QB's drafted early on in the first round arn't always successful when they come to the NFL. In college they are on teams with OUTSTANDING wideouts and running backs. On a team like this you can kick the ball down field and your guys will come down with the ball. That is one of the main reasons David Carr went #1 over-all, the Texans saw past all BULLSHIT surrounding teams like Miami, Florida, and Nebraska. Is Warner done? I don't think he ever really started. He should never have won an MVP. Faulk, Holt, and Bruce are the guys to thank for the Rams success, not Warner (Atleast not nearly as deserving as he is made out to be). Don't get me wrong, im not saying Warner is a BAD QB, but untill I see him have a successful season without an enormous amount of pro-bowl quality players, then I won't hold him anywhere near the level of players like Brett Favre.

Nov 14, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
^thatz wut i've been saying about Rich Gannon, but everybody just thinkz im talkin shit. denial is tha word tho....
What's true for Warner is true for Gannon. Gannon was never anything special with KC and what not before he came to Oakland. And he just happened to have 2 of the best wideouts in the game ever, as well as an up-n-coming young 3rd stringer.