Is this good for a beginner?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
skichdesigns.com
The question was 'is it good for a beginner'

I think its a superb job for a beginner...Keep at it...With the attitude you have coming with the shit you have.You're one of the ones that will become untouchable in this game of graphics.I can see a sinister background with this one..Keep at that shit homez ..Good work...

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

anything is good for a beginner, as i see it, the more practice you get, the better you are, so waterr you get for the first time is ko0,

keep at it homie

make it a hobbie

out

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
I'd practice a bit more before thinking you're going to pull in some money... the first one has very hard to read text on the bottom, the mirrored images looks goofey to me, there's nothing breakin' them up to be mirrored against... the second one is too busy and not that clear, the last one is a very common picture of seattle off google.com probably... even without stating you were a beginer I could tell (not a bad thing it has to do with how things are used really) and you've barely scratched the surface of what graphics programs have to offer... go read some stuff about different things and perfect your craft.... don't go rush out and do shit half assed (because that's what it'd be without knowing more IMO) and screwing yourself by setting up a bad name for yourself because you didn't get enough practice before you started selling your ideas around...

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
nah, i dont think im gunna pull any money for awhile, its just that sum ppl liked what ive dun so far and they said they want me to make sumthin for them. the 2nd one had pics from a cheap webcam. and yeah, i havent read anything really ive just figured out how to do shit by myself. about the money thang i was just wonderin...

Jun 14, 2002
@ TONY-IN SOME ASPECTS YOU ARE WAY AHEAD FOR A BEIGGINER.IN SOME YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE IT IS KOOL FOR A BEGGINER.I HAVE HAD PHOTOSHOP FOR LIKE....6 MONTHS....AND YM SHIT STILL AIN'T AS GOOD AS YOUR'S.ON THE LYNCH COVER....THE MIRRORED IMAGES ARE COOL<--I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT.THE "BROTHA LYNHC HUNG" TEXT NEEDS WERK THO'.THE D.A.N.K COVER WAS LOOKIN' GOOD.AND THE OTHER WAS SIMPLE BUT KOO.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Big Teflon said:
@ TONY-IN SOME ASPECTS YOU ARE WAY AHEAD FOR A BEIGGINER.IN SOME YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE IT IS KOOL FOR A BEGGINER.I HAVE HAD PHOTOSHOP FOR LIKE....6 MONTHS....AND YM SHIT STILL AIN'T AS GOOD AS YOUR'S.ON THE LYNCH COVER....THE MIRRORED IMAGES ARE COOL<--I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT.THE "BROTHA LYNHC HUNG" TEXT NEEDS WERK THO'.THE D.A.N.K COVER WAS LOOKIN' GOOD.AND THE OTHER WAS SIMPLE BUT KOO.
to do the mirror image all u have to do is duplicate that layer, go to edit, transform and picc flip horizontal, it will turn the image baccwards.
ive only had photoshop since august. i never really messed with it until september. in sept. i made only one thing, i just started tryin 2 make covers in october. i havent gotten any help from anybody, i found out about plugins 2 or 3 weeks ago. i knew about the filters tho. i also havent read any tutorials or anything, but thanks to EW i got that site to practice!

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
tony206 said:
nah, i dont think im gunna pull any money for awhile, its just that sum ppl liked what ive dun so far and they said they want me to make sumthin for them. the 2nd one had pics from a cheap webcam. and yeah, i havent read anything really ive just figured out how to do shit by myself. about the money thang i was just wonderin...
I don't know if you took what I said this way, but I wasn't sayin' you shouldn't know how much folks charge, just that it'd be doing you a lil injustice by not spending more time expanding your horizons. I think it's funny when people get photoshop and expect money to roll in, not that you've done that at all. But I've heard as low as 75 bucks to upwards of a few thousand, depending on who and what they do... I know folks that get paid a few hundred just to talk with a possible client for graphic work... just don't say you'll do something for free, atleast get something in return. Don't screw yourself by being the guy that does stuff for free and have people pushing to keep you giving away work