Is there any way to clean sharpie marks off a disc?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
Hi,
I recently acquired a very rare and valuable cd, however, there is a small sharpie marker mark on the CD itself of the previous owners initials. Is there any way you can think of to get rid of this?
thank you

Dec 4, 2004
i always use rubbing alcohol with q-tips and/or cotton balls. when i fuck up writing something on a CD-R with a sharpie. not sure how effective it would be on something written a long time ago though.

Nov 2, 2002
like ESFCE, i use rubbing alcohol. but ive never tried it on cds with print on the surface. you might want to try it on another cd before you try it on the rare ones.

by the way, which cd did you find?

this one

some guy listed it as a buy it now for 20 bucks.....i got lucky and found it right after he posted it. What a steal. The RE RELEASE*with a different cover) of this goes for 80 bucks.

May 1, 2002

this one

some guy listed it as a buy it now for 20 bucks.....i got lucky and found it right after he posted it. What a steal. The RE RELEASE*with a different cover) of this goes for 80 bucks.
shit ur the cat that bought it? what damn steal..from irish dude huh? he listed it and you copped it in like 3-5 minutes of that post lol...:cool:

good find playboy...

btw, in regards to that sharpie variant...i used nail polish remover before and it worked on the cd label side..i'm not sure about the surface side...like remar said, try it on another CD for trial and error.

Nov 2, 2002
shit ur the cat that bought it? what damn steal..from irish dude huh? he listed it and you copped it in like 3-5 minutes of that post lol...:cool:

good find playboy...

btw, in regards to that sharpie variant...i used nail polish remover before and it worked on the cd label side..i'm not sure about the surface side...like remar said, try it on another CD for trial and error.
haha yup,...i had to do a double take when i saw it, i never expected to see that. You saw this listed? How come you didnt buy it right then?
Did irish dude make a post about it on here? I just found it by doing random searches on ebay.

May 1, 2002
haha yup,...i had to do a double take when i saw it, i never expected to see that. You saw this listed? How come you didnt buy it right then?
Did irish dude make a post about it on here? I just found it by doing random searches on ebay.
it was newly listed and i clicked the buy it now icon but said it was no longer available.

that CD is a classic...g/l trying to get that out

Dec 4, 2004
sick. i always wanted an original of that. lookin at it, it shouldnt be hard to remove it cuz its on the silver part of the disc.

Nov 2, 2002
Worked hella good.
I put nail polish remover on a q tip, and the marker came off like it was a dry erase marker on a white board. Thanks

Aug 18, 2002
Worked hella good.
I put nail polish remover on a q tip, and the marker came off like it was a dry erase marker on a white board. Thanks
Good to know. I have about a dozen old CD's my friend use to borrow for throwing parties and wrote me initials on the donut of all of them....been marked up for 15 years, about time I get them cleaned up. Good find on that CD...have it myself but would've bought another copy for $20 in a heart beat.