is texas dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Wrong forum first of all so I'll move this for you.

Second Mike Jones is awful. Texas isn't dead hip hop wise but even if it was there is no way this clown would bring it back. His 15 minutes of fame was up a couple years ago.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I remember back in the days people saying that Texas rappers can sell 100k with a mixtape just in Texas alone. What happened to that? Is it the Bay Are phenomenon where everybody started rapping and decided that buying other people's music isn't something he has to do anymore, or it's just that people in general stopped buying music, or the music even people from Texas don't like the music anymore??

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
I remember back in the days people saying that Texas rappers can sell 100k with a mixtape just in Texas alone. What happened to that? Is it the Bay Are phenomenon where everybody started rapping and decided that buying other people's music isn't something he has to do anymore, or it's just that people in general stopped buying music, or the music even people from Texas don't like the music anymore??
just bullshit by the industry

how long can they fake record sales? how long can they fake radio play? how long can they fake profit?

apparently not that long

:cheeky:

the industry is dead

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I know for a fact that DJ Screw use to move thousands of every chopped and screwed mixtape he put out. To the extent that the police thought he had to be selling drugs because of how much money he was brining in and they raided his spot and The Screwshop but just found boxes and boxes of his tapes.

I know other rappers from the area sold crazy amounts of mixtapes and were living nice off of the money but probably not to the extent of Screw. Then everyone became "rappers" and put out mixtapes so it died down a lot except for certain key artists.

Feb 8, 2006
There is still plenty of people that can make money in Texas. Independent labels are big over here. No it is not dead over. People still makin there money. Mike Jones? You got to be fucking kidding me, he don't represent Texas in any way.

Feb 28, 2004
www.thescrewshop.com
mike got fucked on the cuddy buddy video and the single...its kinda sad really...

1st he has to take of t-pain and swap him out for trey songz...not really a loss but it looks bad and fans are already used to the tpain version...

then in the video he's the only cat there...no cameos and they cut several folks verses...lol

May 15, 2005
Slim Thugs running texas at the moment, i slept on chamillionaire for the longest till i heard mixtape messiah 4 and hes busting. zro and trae are still keeping it G