Is Learning 2 Read & Write Your Original Language Important?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 23, 2003
It's been important for me to read and write in spanish. I spoke spanish when i was younger before i spoke in english so i had a slight advantage with what i knew. Once i started school all i spoke there was english and ended up forgetting a lot of my spanish which became kinda embarassing later on when people would try and conversate with me in spanish. That all ended though when i hit junior high and regained what i knew. It was a bitch trying to communicate with people in my family cuz i couldn't comprehend what they would say due to them speaking too quickly so i would just nod my head, smile, and leave feeling like a pendejo. So yes it is important for me to know my native language or else i couldn't communicate with my fam

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I think a lot of people on here need to worry about mastering English before they start relearning thier native language...

Nick470

EclipseGFX
May 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.eclipsegfx.com
shit I think its way important to know your native language. Not only cuz it gives you an advantage but its your native tongue.. Like all these coconuts(mexicans who can't speak spanish)how can you be oh i'm so proud to be latin or mexican but you can't even speak the fucking language. At least take the time to learn it and then you can say your proud to be mexican.

Apr 5, 2004
1NorCalSinner4 said:
It's been important for me to read and write in spanish. I spoke spanish when i was younger before i spoke in english so i had a slight advantage with what i knew. Once i started school all i spoke there was english and ended up forgetting a lot of my spanish which became kinda embarassing later on when people would try and conversate with me in spanish. That all ended though when i hit junior high and regained what i knew. It was a bitch trying to communicate with people in my family cuz i couldn't comprehend what they would say due to them speaking too quickly so i would just nod my head, smile, and leave feeling like a pendejo. So yes it is important for me to know my native language or else i couldn't communicate with my fam

same shyt happened to me... only i i never regained alot of it, i have no touble understanding most of the shyt people say in spanish, but when it comes to speakin it, i fuck up alot, which is realy embarasing,

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
The only way i can communicate with my parents, counsins, uncles, and aunts is by speaking Spanish, so I think it's important for me not to forget my native language.

Jun 15, 2005
Nick470 said:
shit I think its way important to know your native language. Not only cuz it gives you an advantage but its your native tongue.. Like all these coconuts(mexicans who can't speak spanish)how can you be oh i'm so proud to be latin or mexican but you can't even speak the fucking language. At least take the time to learn it and then you can say your proud to be mexican.
Last time I checked, this not the definition of a coconut, just like an "oreo" or "uncle tom" isn't a black person who speaks proper english. Your beliefs and actions reflect your love/appreciation of your heritage, and that's what earns you the title of coconut or tom, not your ability/inability to speak your "native" tongue. Soak it.