is it possible...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 21, 2002
do ya'll feel that it's possible to respect someone for their musical efforts but at the same time not be feeling their music? I'm a very picky person on content as far as lyrics go. Anyone can spit on a tight beat, but lyrics go a long way. I just want to know what ya'll think on that because some cats get all offended if you let them know that you are not feeling their shit, but you gotta respect the effort because a lot of work goes into putting an album together.....what ya'll think? ...............peace

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
I'll tell it to you like this. I've been doing these reviews for a few years now and it seems like I get my fair share of props and disses from artists for reviewing their music. One thing I do have is respect for a lot of them. Most of them will take critisism well and appreciate comments in order to make themselves a better artist. However, there are some folks who can't take critisism at all it's just in their nature. Seems like they'll get 50 comments about how good they are, but the one comment on how someone doesn't like their music and they start trippin. I've reviewed plenty of albums where I just wasn't feeling peoples music, but at the same time I respect the fact they're out there trying to make it. I respect them cause I can't do what they do on the mic, but at the same time I'm also the one who goes out and buys their albums, so if I don't like it then that's money out of their pocket, so tell it like it is and if they don't respect you for giving opinions then obviously they're not very professional.

Late!

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Zicafekt said:
do ya'll feel that it's possible to respect someone for their musical efforts but at the same time not be feeling their music? I'm a very picky person on content as far as lyrics go. Anyone can spit on a tight beat, but lyrics go a long way. I just want to know what ya'll think on that because some cats get all offended if you let them know that you are not feeling their shit, but you gotta respect the effort because a lot of work goes into putting an album together.....what ya'll think? ...............peace
WE BEEN REVIEWING FOR 3YRS. NOW AND THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE IT I HAVE FOUND IS....
TELL THE GOOD, THA BAD AND MOST OF ALL TELL THE TRUTH
AND TALK LIKE "YOU SHOULD DO THIS,THAT" MAKES THEM THE MOST MAD. AND IF IT IS TRU....END WITH A POS. NOTE :
"LOOKING FORWORD FOR THE NEXT PRODUCTION"

READ UP ON THIS CAT CALLED DALE CARNIGE
HE WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE ART OF SPIT
TRUST ME IT WORKS

Jan 18, 2003
www.kwprecordz.com
Very interesting post, Zic.
What made you bring this up?
Cuz I feel whatcha sayin.
There are a lot of records recently I feel that way about.
Ay, we should all get together for the Noncompusmentis release.
(I forgot to put that in the original post).
Get at me.
Pieces,
E.