Is E-40 losing it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
dope.st
707senator707 said:
U and dat is being played in every state of america. Its one of the biggest records in europe right now as well.
Sup Senator... where did you get that info on 'U and Dat' being big in Europe? I haven't even heard it mentioned yet once over here, let alone be one of the biggest in Europe right now?!

That ain't disrespect, I'm just telling it how it is, I am still expecting to see it come up here as I got some good feedback playing it, but it hasn't hit radio or promos yet here and like anywhere else you can't be big without that.

UK's biggest hip hop radio played that Feds new tune with 40 in a mix at like 3am, plus they threw some 40 and Turf Talk into a guest "crunk hyphy mix from out of Miami" (usual misinformed b.s.). But that's it...

I always have respect for your posts on the Sickwidit camp, so I'm genuinely curious what feedback you have had about 40's pickup over here that said otherwise? I really haven't heard or seen of one 'U and Dat' spin yet.

On the main thread topic - 40 certainly isn't losing it. I didn't much like the direction of the last album but 40 is no sell-out, you can tell that from the way he is about the Bay on all his interviews and appearances.

I hated the crunk tunes but I don't agree he did it just to sell records. He did it to open doors for the Bay and Hyphy sound and other artists. I genuinely believe dude spread his reach just so that he could put the Bay sound on.

If you have to do crunk songs and create a more accessible album just to get fans, deejays, promoters, and radio station executives listening more closely to the Bay sound you really want to represent, that's all good.

I haven't seen him pushing the tunes with 8Ball, Mike Jones or Bun B. It's the cut with Keak that's really out there - and I believe on the next CD he'll bring it back now he has got exposure and an audience for Bay music.

Sep 4, 2002
this1guy said:
Nothing against the guy.but he's heading too dirty south for me. I like the dirty south beats SOMETIMES, but this all out abandon of the bay sound makes me sick. It'll only be a matter of time before the west coast will reemerge as the crowned king of rap music again. This last album from E-40 made me sick, I'm sorry......did not dig it in it's entirety. I am sick of the simpleton southern rap........don't get me wrong, some of it is good....but WTF?

In my opion,Most of it could be written by a horny kid going through puberty.

Does anyone else feel me, or are you going to attack me for speaking my mind?
jump in front of a truck

Apr 28, 2006
that cd was garbage e-40 is losin it the only songs i hear are go hard or go home and muscle cars and i have heard the whole album what a waste of money i should have returned it and downloaded them songs

Jun 9, 2002
honestly i think a lot of people in the south think E-40 is weird and kind of funny musically. i mean they respect him but they dont have the serious urge to go purchase the product. but what alot of bay fans arent realizing is that E-40 is trying to get the bay back in the game by doing what he has to. Its up to him as the ambassador to do what it takes to get crossed over to bring yall back. some of yall need to see the big picture

Aug 7, 2003
marksmeez said:
u sayin he sound downsouth . i brought up a great point thats there's hella mob shit on this cd to . get a life u square
and i brought up a better point. you like the cd or you dont. just cus some nutsack licker named marksmeez said there is mob beats on the cd, dont mean there is.

Apr 5, 2005
jaejae said:
if people didnt burn the cd he probably goin plat but yeah the U and Dat video is hot has the real club feel like bossy
IF PEOPLE DIDNT BURN MARIAH CAREY'S ALBUM SHE WOULD HAVE GONE 10X PLATINUM.

THE U AND DAT VIDEO IS GARBAGE, BUT THE SONG IS OUT. BUT ONCE CIARA FT. CHAMILLIONAIRE SONG GETS INTO ROTATION WITH A HOT VIDEO PEOPLE WILL FORGET ABOUT U AND DAT THIS SUMMER.

40'S ALBUM WAS TIGHT BUT I ONLY GAVE IT 3.5/5 STARS AND MY BOYS THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY! HIS ALBUM COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

AND IN NO WAY IS 40 LOSING THE BALL. HE STILL HAS THE MOMENTUM. THE YOUNG AND HUNGRY CATS JUST NEED TO STEP THEY GAME UP!

THE A'S AND THE PACK ARE SIGNED. IM SURE THERE WILL BE MORE CONTRACTS SIGNED IF THE DEAL IS RIGHT.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
707senator707 said:
When I say europe I was talking clubs. There has been feedback from all major club djs all threw europe. As far as radio I know jam fm in germany Is playin the record as well as italy. I'm sure the rest od the country will catch up. Austraila is big on the record as well.
Aiight, it's all good. I wasn't disputing what you'd heard, just I haven't seen the track come up in the clubs over here (I'd love it too) plus it ain't even been put out there on a lot of promo and record pool channels yet so I know for a fact a lot of club deejays don't even know about it.

I'm waiting on this to go major out here and I know it can do, but real talk I just wanted to clarify shit because if the feedback you getting is saying a little too much, then next thing Sickwidit/BME believe it really is big out here and don't give it no more push and an opportunity is missed, ya feel me.

Apr 4, 2006
"You bring the noise, I bring the crowd"....... A Dj can't spin the records for himself, he has to play for the crowd..

40 Water has business $en$e, the money is in the teens with allowances!!! It's just a hand full of us that could go back and talk about his past releases. Alot of us would not go and run to the records stores to purchases any new cd's because we have grown out of that stage, we have to survive now because mom's and pop's are not supporting us now(we all been there before I had to get every Ice Cube tape BUT NOW/ I have bills to pay!.....That's why 40 makes songs for "Teens with Allowances" and Youngsters with that lifestyle. South muzic don't get down like the Bay...(example)Luke's music goes Plat. in Florida alone.... My point is this 40 does not have to change he is already accepted........AS IS, Losing It..... NO and Never! He is just KEEP'N IT YOUTHFUL!

COUNT/FONKYCHICKEN-
Pants are sagg'n, braided hair, suckas stare, but I don't care.------------Ice T (Colors)

May 12, 2002
dope.st
TheWholeDamn said:
707senator707 said:
When I say europe I was talking clubs. There has been feedback from all major club djs all threw europe. As far as radio I know jam fm in germany Is playin the record as well as italy. I'm sure the rest od the country will catch up. Austraila is big on the record as well.
Aiight, it's all good. I wasn't disputing what you'd heard, just I haven't seen the track come up in the clubs over here (I'd love it too) plus it ain't even been put out there on a lot of promo and record pool channels yet so I know for a fact a lot of club deejays don't even know about it.
Just an update Senator... I got 'U And Dat' sent to me on the promo DJ pools in the UK this week, believe me that shit is major because the only pool I'm on damn near every deejay and their momma out here on it, so I know it's a lot of club deejays and radio deejays that now got this cut.

The last time I got sent 40 music via DJ Promo was 'Nah Nah' with Nate Dogg hella long ago so this is real big... I'm expecting to hear that song go now in a lot of places.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
lately i'd rather hear 40 on a down south beat than the shit that's comin out in Sick Wit It studio. But to tell you the honest truth, Element of Surprise was his last SOLID album. After those albums he started to change up the sound so much that it was e-40 on those raps but the music was something else. If he went back to the In The Major Way-Element of Surprise days....no doubt e-40 would have an album that would SELL to the guys that would buy it. i mean Twista's 1st album was dope and that's what got him the attention he needed, but his lastest album is more for the ladies, yet loosing the ORIGINAL FANS that made all the buzz happen. Same thing with Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony......E. 1999 Eternal was a classic and raw as fuck and that's what got heads lookin their way.......then they release shitty albums after that.

Artist must evolve but when you evolve you loose some of your original loyal fans, that's if he releases and album that is a total 180 degrees from his previous album.

Don't get me wrong....each e-40 album that was released after Element of Surprise has some classic heaters, but the overall albums aren't up to par. Ghetto Report Card had some heaters(5 or 6 songs) but the overall album, imo, was weak.

I enjoy listening to 40 on features and on his own latest songs, but with the sound Sick Wit It Records is coming out these days, i'll pass and move on to the next man's music.

But in no way is 40 loosing it......just look at him.....he's all over the tv and in mags......he's doin his grindin and gettin noticed, again. He's done a great at bringin the spotlight back to the bay and shits goin to get crazy(i hope)......

peace and enjoy ya weekend.....its fuckin FRIDAY!!!!!!!!