is all promotion good promotion and when does the media go to far to get stories

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 21, 2002
okay i will start off a group member of are three man group has been getting alot of media attention as of late he is a hip hop music teacher for at risk children in the portland oregon area most everything said is good but they are going to far and downing his music he does on his own free time and tryining to say it is all negatrive to the children out here you be the judge !!
but we would like to say thanx to the news for the web site plug the cd plug even if they are trying to make us look bad 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtRBYo66Cx4&eurl=

Street pharmacists coming soon haha

www.myspace.com/ononeakadirtdiggla

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I don't see anything negative about that at all. That's pretty damn cool actually, I wish I could do something like that with the kids.

But people will do that, nothing you can do about it. That's exposure right there though!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
The news will do that. They're just tryin to talk down on dude cause he's doin somethin positive with the kids and has a life outside of that as well. Although, I think they are trying to bash him, it seems obvious to me just cause they keep bringing up how much his music is negative etc etc...They're trying to make it look like they're gonna do a story about kids but then they keep going back to "his music outside of school."

At least one of the parents is smart enough to realize outside is outside.

And that IS bitch made that they brought up the fact that dude didn't want them to do the story and that they were gonna sue the station, that right there will get your fired on some stations....If I did that type of shit at school for our newscast best believe I would be getting reemed like a mutha fucka after that...

Let them hate, rich white people need something to fill their lives with. And it seems the only people who really gave a shit were the news station and that one broad talking shit..Fuck em!

And that's tight that he's doin that stuff w/ the kids, most people wouldn't bother.

Oh, but to answer the question....yeah, I think they went to far, at least based on what they said. The story is fine, but the fact that they kept talking shit, and saying "they didn't want us to do the story," "they threatened to sue," "the school district is mad" or whatever...They're just tryin to make him look bad because mainstream white America HATES rap and anything associated with it. Fuck them and keep it pushin!

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I wanna see the Baldwin woman either teach the class, or find someone else to do it. Then compare grades, behavioral problems, etc. -- The result....PURE COMEDY. She would fail miserably, no question about it.

Shit like this is why I feel like I need to get all the Rapping out of my system before I even think about becoming a teacher. Apparently you aren't allowed to have it both ways, EVEN IF you are a better teacher than 95% of your peers.

Apr 14, 2003
Lmao that Filthy shit was funny as hell. But yeah man, I was just about to comment you when I first saw the video... and yeah All Promotion is good...like the Janet Jackson thing...It's just too bad there wasnt an album droppin like a week after the whole thing cause I'm sure the name is in people's heads.

Seems to me like the news was just hatin, plain and simple. Mad cause CJ is doin somethin productive.

Apr 14, 2003
www.stupendousworld.com
That kind of shit is rediculous. SLEAZY reporting, especially his closing comments. Ups to Craziness for getting involved in the community. I feel where he is coming from. I coached middle school basketball the last two years and was able to connect with these kids and make a very positive difference. Does it matter that maybe on the weekend I would get fucked up, have a foul mouth... whatever? Absolutely not. Because the person I am or can be on my own free-time never conflicted with my attitude as their coach, and honestly, i don't think that others could have done a better job or have been an equally positive influence.

The "filthy" beats part cracked me up as well. Rediculous.