Interview with platinum producer J.R. Rotem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 15, 2006

Track One:
If Jonathan “JR” Rotem wanted to quit producing he could always go back to playing piano in the jazz club circuit. He might have to put a suit on and tuck in the ridiculous amount of ice that make Britney-blondes go bald. But forget the TV gossip because you can’t deny his work ethic. After high school he attended Berklee School of Music and eventually moved back west to L.A. JR didn’t have it this good growing up in the Bay Area/925 but he branched out and produced hits for multi-platinum Def Jam and G-Unit artists. “I liked the vibe, the weather, and also there were more studios and a bigger market in Los Angeles.” In between meetings, promo, and the Paid Dues festival STASH Magazine was invited to JR’s amazing gated recording facility. Exotic fish tanks, Italian V-12’s parked outside getting detailed, Nick Lachey leaving (probably trying to holler at Jessica) and plasma screens makes you realize you’re in Hollywood. It’s California living.

Read the rest > Instrumental: J.R. Rotem

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I remember annoying his brother a lot w/ questions about new projects lol.

yeah how good is that.. I was amazed when I saw his credits on The Massacre. Really dunno how far back his fame and fortune goes.

I remember coppin that DPE comp when it dropped. They were sposed to have so much more comin out.. Well that answers why nothin else dropped!