Interview With Innerstate Ike

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2003
Here is an interview done by, Denver's Finest Promotions & Productions
You can check him out at http://www.myspace.com/denversfinestdotcom

INNER STATE IKE Xclusive Interview D.F. What a pleasure and a honor it is to be able to seat down with you and catch up with my man Inner State Ike. Inner State IKE: Already baby. D.F. So, tell Da City what Inner State IKE been up to? Inner State IKE: I just been on my grind doing therapy mostly. In the studio getting my swagger back, staying blessed, and just rolling with God’s plan right now. Know what I mean? D.F. Already, Denver’s Finest heard you all over projects this year, a bunch of stuff ya boy DJ K Tone dropped. What was the first one? Inner State IKE: Probable was that Colorado Giants. D.F. Yeah, the Colorado Giants, that was Hot, That was Hot.. Then we heard you on that You Don’t Even Know Who KTona Is part 2 or 3. Inner State IKE: Yeah, on both of them, and the Truf, Turf 2. D.F. What was that track you did? You slapped the TOP20 with that IKE Valentino. Inner State IKE: Man that IKE Valentino. D.F. Yeah we had some calls on that, asking for that to be on the TOP20…. D.F. So Tells us about this project, Batman & Robin. Inner State IKE: Oh Man, Batman & Robin Part One & Part Two. (D.F. There’s 2 parts?) That’s just the beginning . Yeah, 2 parts, we got a whole other CD part2. We gonna start with part 1 first. We had 24 tracks , we split it up, into 12. Since CAC past we were gonna to do a full album. But we wanted to keep him out there on the streets, so we split it up into 2 projects. The 1st one of Batman & Robin, 12 songs, great production, hard effort, to me it’s a classic album. You cant lose on it. I don't care if its your mom or your kids who ever listens to it, it’s a classic. Its gots something on it for them. D.F. Who’s doing most of the productions on the project? Inner State IKE: Most of the productions on part 1 is Young Doe. And we got Meez out of Kansas City on some production. WE got CAC’s cousion Dave, he’s a new cat he’s underground. He’s really not out there, but he’s hot. K.P., Hannibal, yeah 2 tracks from K.P.. (D.F. and you got one from MO Heat.) Oh yeah, we got Mo Heat, him and Mach. Its about 4 or 5 good producers on there. The album is a track for track project. Every track back to back is just; you want to listen to every track…. Bar code up, retail ready. D.F. How much they going for in the stores? Inner State IKE: Man in the stores you might get it for $10.99, and that’s a special deal. All these other projects are $13.99 and up, we $10.99 and man its wroth going to get. And we got them online on rapbay.com, you can go get um at all the Ma and Pap’s store. And you know we word of mouth, hand to hand them out the trunk baby. D.F. You said you got projects coming out. Inner State IKE: Oh man, I got projects coming out. The 1st one to drop is gonna be me and K Tone, Bricks, Super BADS, & Duffle Bags. 30 tracks on there, you know something to get the streets warmed back up, and back familiar with IKE. Then I’m ah drop my gospel album. It’s a Gospel Album and you can not lose. You gotta get up on it man. Its inspiration, its motivation, man its gonna keep the streets encourage man. 13 Tracks on that joint.. Original tracks.. This right here its gonna to bigger then anything I ever did. The Gospel Album is going to be the biggest project right now. That’s what I got my focus on cause that’s what they want. You know, God brought me through and kept me, so I’m ah give him back what I said I was gonna do. And I feel good about it. An then after that, I got me another original album which is a double disk, called Blessing, Bullets, & Black Top Music. Its 2 CD’s. Blessing, Bullets, & Black Top Music, and man that thing, hands down its gonna be the best Album of the Year. So be on the look out for that. D.F. Denver’s Finest is going to keep them posted. You send us a email. Inner State IKE: yeah I’m ah keep you posted like a thumb tack. (Laughing) D.F. What do you think about the Rap Game in Colorado? Inner State IKE: Colorado rap game man right now out of a 10 we about a 7. They slept on us a long time. We got all the utensils, we got all the fire power, we just need the push. And the exposures really, you know we got everything we need we just need the exposures and the money to back it. And if we had that will the bigger then anything else that’s going on the game right now. If we had the money & the exposures we the biggest movement in the country I think. Honestly, the artist that we got man, we got so much fire in da town its just ridiculous. D.F. For 06’, from what you heard who do you think was Male Artist of the Year? People want to know what you think Inner State IKE. Ok, I’m ah give the people what they want. Man… I’m ah call it a split, I’m ah call it a split. Julox and Young Doe man. I give it up to my boy Ju cause he out there. He’s working, he’s motivated . His wok ethic is like real good right now. I listen to his new project, I was like man this dude.. He spit..boy he’s ready. So I’m feeling Ju right now. I’m feeling Ju & Young Doe as a split decision. I say Ju split Young Doe. Know what I’m saying. D.F. That’s crazy, nyke said the same thing…. So 07’, this gonna Inner States IKE year/ Inner State IKE: It got Inner State IKE written all over it. It’s going to bigger then Janet Jackson at the Super bowl. Denver's Finest is hearing that Za Boo is on his way out, what do you think going to happen? Inner State IKE: Oh man, Boozilla The Don, man. It's going to be BIG man. He got so many connections, he been sitting down thinking puttiong master plans together. He been networking from the inside out. SO when he get out I really think its gonna start expanding. Plus hands down his one of the best producers out here.