intercooler fan for 360

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2003
agothberg.tripod.com
ok... i bought one today and connected it and it seems like it was working good like it didn't get warmer than usual but i go to take a game out and the damn thing does that red ring shit!! i never seen it before til i put it on the interfooler fan on there and it did it a couple more times when i cahgned games!! i was like fuck i'ma juz return the intercooler or get a new 360 or sumn but whut do ya think? maybe the brand or sumn? need info... appreciated...

Oct 3, 2006
yupp same thing happened to me...if u got the newer 360s i say fuck the intercooler....it always cause me to have red lights too

Aug 7, 2003
the intercoolers actaully void the xbox's warrenty. if it going to get the red rings its going to get them regradless of that fan. the fan will delay it but itll still happen. The intercoolers also used to melt the part where they connect to the 360 itself. just go take that intercooler back becuase its not needed and probably making your xbox worse (as it makes it suck up more power).

Jan 7, 2004
well I think its a matter of opinion I guess mine hasnt melted nor has my warranty been voided and my brothers 360 has one and if its not on than he cant play for longer than a hour or so before it starts to mess up but who knows whatever works for u I guess

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
well I think its a matter of opinion I guess mine hasnt melted nor has my warranty been voided and my brothers 360 has one and if its not on than he cant play for longer than a hour or so before it starts to mess up but who knows whatever works for u I guess
Call MS with the red rings, and tell them you had an interfooler. I GUARANTEE your warranty will be voided. These people will look for ways to get you. I now people who had POSX warranties voided after using those old school gamesharks tat actually plugged in the back.

His xbox is just crappy. That intercooler does more harm than good. His mind might think it is helping, but it isnt. The red rings started on my first xbox when I used that stupid thing

Apr 26, 2004
i was gon buy 1 & the guy at gamestop told me dont do it.. its gon fuck up the system.. so i put the shit back.. & i got the elite & aint had a problem yet

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Mine works just fine, but I've got another fan system rigged to cool my comp and my system at the same time. However, when I'm running just the Nyko, I still notice a longevity change.

Nov 15, 2007
yeah this shit happen to me once i had the intercooler... but i didnt have the one that plugged into the back... i had the stand with the green lights when you turned it on... and after it did the red rings first time i quit usein' it and just a week ago my 360 broke, 3 rings i was pissed... so i just sent my xbox to MS yesterday so we will see what happens... and i just bought the ps3 after my xbox broke... im just dissapointed in this low quality of a system that these problems are happenin' all the time to everyone its bullshit!