Instant Replay in Baseball

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2004
I'd say FUCK no..it will take too long. Baseball is already long enough..and if it does go in effect then baseball as a whole will lose their fans...what do yall think.

Apr 25, 2002
Baseball doesn't need instant replay... But what it DOES need is accountability from it's umpires.

If you fuck up a call or two, you need to get warned. If you keep doing it, you're gone. Forever. There are plenty of guys umpiring in the minors that can come up and replace them.

You can't have no instant replay and no accountability... The umpires have no incentive to make sure they get the calls right.

Apr 25, 2002
Instant replay would change the entire dynamic of a game. There's no place in baseball for it. Say a pitcher starts an inning (with nobody up in the bullpen) and it goes like this:

HR on a 0-1 count
4 pitch walk
First pitch single, runners at the corners
First pitch HBP

Now you got the bases loaded after 8 pitches and nobody out... And the manager of the team on defense argues that the HBP call was wrong because it hit the bat... They go review, and he's wrong. It hit the batter and the original call was right... But in the meantime, he just bought his reliever in the bullpen the time he needed to get warmed up and he's ready to come into the game right after the instant replay, rather than the guy on the mound having to face an extra batter or two because the guy in the pen wasn't warmed up.

The pace of the game is right about where it should be... Change that now and you're going to change too much.

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
they can put a time limit on a review just like the NFL. What's an extra minute going to do for a three and a half hour game? haha. NFL and NBA switched to instant replay so why can't MLB? Just for playoffs though.

G-Dubb....u can just put a block to warm-ups during reviews.

Aug 26, 2002
yah i say no for this, the game is too damn long, plus there has never been a time where an argument has been won by either bench, umpires never reverse calls anyways, fuck instant replay for baseball

Apr 25, 2002
reza said:
they can put a time limit on a review just like the NFL. What's an extra minute going to do for a three and a half hour game? haha. NFL and NBA switched to instant replay so why can't MLB? Just for playoffs though.

G-Dubb....u can just put a block to warm-ups during reviews.
So what, you have to have special umpires that make sure the bullpen pitchers don't warm up while it's going on?

Instant replay would never work in baseball. Punish umpires and the bad calls will get much better. They should also make it so a manager can make an umpire get help... Say a player check swings and the ump says he went around and calls a strike without asking for help... If the manager says it's wrong they should be able to force that ump to ask for help instead of the ump not having to ask for help because he thinks he saw it right...

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
G-Dubb said:
So what, you have to have special umpires that make sure the bullpen pitchers don't warm up while it's going on?
QUOTE]

special umpires??? How hard would it be to have the right/left field umpire in a playoff game to overlook a team's bullpen? Traditionalist....blah. punish umpires for making calls at live speed? who is to decide whether it is deemed as a blatant bad call or a close call? I'm sure their union will love that idea.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
NBA has reviews for last second shots and if the guy was on the line or not for a 3pt.

I don't like replay in baseball because it takes the human element out of the game.

Homeruns and fair or foul balls only. NO strikes/balls, no close force out plays or close tags.

Also what's with these new ballparks and their crazy ground rules for outfield homeruns? what ever happened to just putting up a freaking fence and if the ball goes over it, it's a homerun? Houston's left field is a joke. You have a yellow line 30 feet in the air then all of a sudden it drops to 8 feet?

Feb 12, 2004
techn9nehq said:
NBA has reviews for last second shots and if the guy was on the line or not for a 3pt.

I don't like replay in baseball because it takes the human element out of the game.

Homeruns and fair or foul balls only. NO strikes/balls, no close force out plays or close tags.

Also what's with these new ballparks and their crazy ground rules for outfield homeruns? what ever happened to just putting up a freaking fence and if the ball goes over it, it's a homerun? Houston's left field is a joke. You have a yellow line 30 feet in the air then all of a sudden it drops to 8 feet?
HAHAHAH FOR REALS!! I WAS JUST TELLING MY HOMIE THAT. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OL FENCE???

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
^^^

LOL my manager calls the Houston Left field Crawford Boxes the "Whiffle Ball Wall" lol.

"Berkman pops it up on the opposite side of the field...wait a sec it just went over the crawford boxes, HOME RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"