INFO NEEDED: L-Love - East County Gamers (Limited Edition)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
The process has been changed these days homie. Snatch up the L-Love presents "The Styles Of The Bay 2" if you have interest. It features Automatic and Coppo with Mistah F.A.B, M-Dash with Jacka of the MOB FIGAZ, Rappin' 4-Tay (the song is in the mix on alot of stations), Mac & A.K., Money Mont, Slo-O and many more.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
The copies at the Urban Life Store in CONCORD, the copies at Street Light Record in SAN JOSE, the copies at Replay Records in STOCKTON and the copies at J-Teez in STOCKTON are the last copies that will be in stores. NO MORE PRESSINGS WILL BE MADE!

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
I have been contacted a lot lately asking if I have anymore copies of the 1st "East County Gamers", and no I don't I am sorry. I was hoping that everyone that wanted a copy would of got one.

The only place I know that still has some is www.rapbay.com If you are looking for one you can order one from there.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
Someone sent me a link last night to E-bay that had L-Love "Talk Down On A Player" on Cassette for $13.51! That is CRAZY, but I don't even have a copy of that myself.
I was gonna bid on that, I hadn't seen/heard of it before.. Always thought 'Can't Ruin This' was your 1st drop. Got the gold tape of that.. What was the deal with that release? Did you drop the cdrs at the same time.. Cause if so, u must've been the pioneer of cdr releases!. U have a copy of that??

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
I was gonna bid on that, I hadn't seen/heard of it before.. Always thought 'Can't Ruin This' was your 1st drop. Got the gold tape of that.. What was the deal with that release? Did you drop the cdrs at the same time.. Cause if so, u must've been the pioneer of cdr releases!. U have a copy of that??
I had "My Way Of Life", "The E.P. (Antioch Rap 1993) and "Talk Down On A Player" all before "Can't Ruin This!".

Yeah "Can't Ruin This!" also came out on CD-R. I know that Spice 1 had his first Independent Release before Jive on a CD and M.C. Pooh had his first Independent Release before Jive on a CD but I think besides them I was one of the first 100% Independent artists to have my music on Cd. Sac-Sin also. I was the 1st from East Contra Costa County for sure.

I don't have a copy of the first 4 Albums that I released. But I have "Can't Ruin This!" on www.cdbaby.com/llove3 and I might have to cop a copy for myself.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
I was listening to "Fake Nig@az" yesterday. That's one dope ass track. Any chance of gettin it properly remastered?
I am going to release these 2 upcoming cds L-Love "Rhythm is the Essence" featuring Messy Marv, Matt Blaque, Bad Azz, Land of da Lost, and Ect. and also this L-Love presents "East County Gamers Vol. 4: Northern Cut Throats" and then I was thinking about re-mastering the ENTIRE back catalog. Just depends how the money is.

I am glad that you like that track. I am diggin' it too. I left my regular rap pattern on that song and sped it up. I was originally supposed to record that song with Flaggs from Land of da Lost, but then I thought Damien fit better.

One Luv,

"L"
www.cdbaby.com/llove

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
I had "My Way Of Life", "The E.P. (Antioch Rap 1993) and "Talk Down On A Player" all before "Can't Ruin This!".

Yeah "Can't Ruin This!" also came out on CD-R. I know that Spice 1 had his first Independent Release before Jive on a CD and M.C. Pooh had his first Independent Release before Jive on a CD but I think besides them I was one of the first 100% Independent artists to have my music on Cd. Sac-Sin also. I was the 1st from East Contra Costa County for sure.

I don't have a copy of the first 4 Albums that I released. But I have "Can't Ruin This!" on www.cdbaby.com/llove3 and I might have to cop a copy for myself.
Spice's first release 'Let It Be Known' wasn't 100% self released, Triad pushed it, it even got over here in the UK. Dunno bout Pooh's OG releases of life of a criminal, coulda did it himself like his first two tapes?!?

You're prolly right about bein the first bay artist who got a cd out their damn self! A majority of the indie artists were still reliant on their label backing/statewide,tri-state distro etc.. Even if they was out the trunk too..

I would love to hear your first two tapes! Real shame u aint even got one for yourself. You aint the first artist i've heard say that.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Spice's first release 'Let It Be Known' wasn't 100% self released, Triad pushed it, it even got over here in the UK. Dunno bout Pooh's OG releases of life of a criminal, coulda did it himself like his first two tapes?!?

You're prolly right about bein the first bay artist who got a cd out their damn self! A majority of the indie artists were still reliant on their label backing/statewide,tri-state distro etc.. Even if they was out the trunk too..

I would love to hear your first two tapes! Real shame u aint even got one for yourself. You aint the first artist i've heard say that.
You are 100% correct about that Spice 1 release being on Triad. I gotta give you props for that.

I just never knew that those early releases were going to be so important, and I was a kid. You don't think that far ahead into the future. I am going to check with some family members in Los Angeles to see if they still have a rare copy or 2 of those early recordings.