inFamous 2 revealed in July Game Informer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
July Cover Revealed: Infamous 2

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it our exclusive 10-page story.

After you've satisfied your superhero curiosity, keep flipping those pages to see the issue's line-up of cool features. This month you'll find a column from Irrational Games' Ken Levine, the origins of ClapTrap from Gearbox's hit Borderlands, an interview with Edgar Wright (director of the upcoming movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), and a rundown of bizarre glitches that never made it into finished games.

We've got a ton of previews for big games like Call of Duty: Black Ops, Killzone 3, The Force Unleashed 2, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (including an interview with designer Tetsuya Nomura). You can also read reviews of Green Day: Rock Band, UFC Undisputed 2010, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, and the downloadable Joe Danger.

Keep an eye on your mailboxes and store shelves, because the July issue will be there very soon!

Here's the front cover, showcasing the new design for Cole in Infamous 2...

And here's the full wrap-around image:

Stay tuned for our Infamous 2 hub, which will be your one stop shop for our month long, online coverage of Infamous 2.

I'm really excited for this game, especially with how inFamous ended (mind fuck, anyone?). I don't know if I'm feelin' the new look for Cole, thought his look was perfect already. No matter, it'll most likely be a day one purchase for me.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Interesting article.

I think it's awesome that Sucker Punch is making a whole new city. It would have been very easy to just recycle the city, give it a face lift, add new powers, continue the story and call it a day.

Does This Art Style Mean Anything?
All we have is this one image to go off of, but it is definitely different than the comic book-infused stuff we saw in the original Infamous. As much fun as the still, comic book cutscenes were, we usually see those trucked out in games because they're a bit cheaper that full-fledged animated cutscenes. Does this more realistic depiction of a super-powered Cole mean that sucker Punch has more money to toss behind the sequel's production? Will the whole game be presented in a more realistic way with people talking, moving and so on in cutscenes?
I hope they don't go for the full-fledged cutscenes. It's a super hero game, and the comic-esque cutscenes were done incredibly well and were very fitting.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
shit, just bought it again and going to play it again because this thread
I would play it again, but I just played it for the third time a couple months ago. I'll probably get my fourth play-through in just before inFamous 2 releases.

I did just play Killzone 2 again since they announced Killzone 3. That game is so awesome.