INDUSTRY NEWS...FOR THOSE THAT DIDNT KNOW..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
G-MUSIC.NET
Grassroots Productions put down 'THE SHOW' this past weekend at Pico Rivera Sports Arena. The concert was off tha hook! Artists who performed where Burning Star, Planet Asia, Aceylone, Supernatural, Mystic, Beatnuts, Tha Liks, Jayo Felony, Raekwon, and Rakim.
Everyone put on a good show. Tha Liks pulled some ladies on stage and got them booty shakin. Jayo Felony dropped some new joint from his new album Hog Tied which is
coming soon. He also dropped some dope freestyles. One line from his freestyle
went: "Tell That Bitch Bleek that Memphis Is In Tennesee"..Napolean and Tash from tha liks performed with Raekwon. Rakim blew the doors down.
he did all of his classic songs. He said he was happy to be workin with Dr. Dre over at Aftermath and said his album would drop early 2003.

Kurupt and Roscoe were down at 'The Beat' Radio station (100.3 Fm) last night.
Kurupt wanted to clear up some stuff like that he was signed to Tha Row and that he was Vice president of the label. He said he's not tryin to make an album, but be a business man right now. He also said that alot of shit is going down on tha streets, and he had to make this song to speak his mind just to let everyone know. The song they played
titled "I Didn't Change basically was about what he's going through right now and how he's feeling about his family DPG. He was claimin DPG and saying he don't give a fuck what people say, and if they got somethin to say then they need to holla at him. Cuz as far as he knows he's still crippin and claimin DPG fo life! He also said he still loves his homeboys and doesnt know why his homeboys dont love him. Basically he was saying his kids come first and he needs to feed them any way he can. The song will be featured on his new album "Against the Grain" . Kurupt also spoke on the upcoming pojects N.I.N.A and Crooked I album, which will be dropping after Nina. He also mention that Tha Row is currently working on albums from Eastwood, Spider Loc, and Big Foot.
Currently Kurupt is workin on 2 movies, One is with Harrison Ford.
Also another film with Kurt Russel and Ving Rhymes. He also just finished a film with Ja Rule, and Steven Segal called "Half Past Dead."

ICE CUBE has confirmed that he is finishing up an agreement that would sign himself to Dr Dre's Aftermath label.
Ice Cube said on the Los Angeles set of his latest film, "Torque." "I think that's something exciting."
"[Me signing to Aftermath] was something that was kind of in the back in our minds for a while as far as Ice Cube's camp," Cube said. "We kind of felt around and saw if Dre would be interested in something like that. He was all the way with it. Once he was all the way with it, we just started working on putting the deal in place. We're in the process of making it work. Hopefully next year you'll see an album by Cube produced by Dr. Dre. For me it's exciting because my next album could be the best album I ever released. To me that's something that turned me on to where I just want to get on the mic."
"Not really burnt out on making music, it's just the routine of doing it year after year after year," he clarified. "What works out for me now at this point in my career is to take breaks in between the records and it builds up my hunger to kinda get back in there. That's what I been doing. Dre coming on and me not having to worry about musically what's going to happen on the record — I just focus on lyrics and songs and content — that excites me, to be able to take a little of that pressure off myself and let the master, which is Dre, handle it." I'm writing," Cube said. "[Dre's] doing music. He's also working on his album. We're trying to get [both albums] to come out around the same time. Tour together. Make it a big, full circle." Cube said he and Dre probably won't be taking their careers a full 360 degrees by participating in a N.W.A reunion. "As far as I know, that's not gonna happen no time soon," he said. "I don't even know if I want it to happen now because I don't want to mess up what we've already put together, our legacy. Why even tamper with it if it can't be a smooth thing? If it has to be forced it shouldn't be done." Everything but the good times will be rolling in "Torque," in which Cube plays a biker gang leader out to avenge the death of his brother. The project is the first feature film from music video director Joseph Kahn.
Source:

Pimp't Slapped," which has gained some exposure on local radio shows and and on a DJ Kay Slay mix CD, will make the new Snoop album " Paid Tha Cost to Be Da Boss" slated for November 26. If you haven't heard the song it's focused towards Suge Knight, Xzibit, and Kurupt. Basically calling Suge Knight A Bitch in the song.
Elsewhere on the new album, Snoop shares verses with Jay-Z, Redman and Nate Dogg and raps over beats from the Neptunes, DJ Premier, Just Blaze and West Coast newcomers Jelly Roll and Fredwreck. The Neptunes-produced "From Tha Chuuch to Tha Palace" is the album's first single and features Snoop boasting of his rhyme skills. "I still got the gin and juice in hand," he raps in the track. Diane Martel (Eve, N.E.R.D.) will direct a video for the song at the end of September in Los Angeles.

Rap star Juvenile, whose real name is Terius Gray, surrendered to New Orleans police yesterday to face robbery and battery charges. The 28-year-old hip-hopper was arrested in the alleged beating and robbery of his barber in May and released on bond. Police said the barber, Bert Williams, and Juvenile got into an argument May 29 at a local grocery store when the rapper accused him of selling a bootleg recording of one of his CDs. According to the report, Juvenile allegedly punched Williams, and then two of the rapper's associates, whom police did not identify, took $200 from the barber's pocket. Juvenile's hits include "Back That Thang Up,'' now available as a free MP3 download on Williams' website.

Lil Kim is set to blow up the spot with her film debut for 'Guns and Roses'. This movie is being described as an indie urban Western movie and will feature actors LisaRaye ("The Player's Club"), Monica Calhoun ("The Best Man"), Marie Matiko ("The Art of War") and Louis Mandylor ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding"). The plot centers around the trials and tribulations of five female outlaws who are out to avenge a murder in the 1800s. Also in the flick is singer Bobby Brown who is no stranger to the Big Screen.
Source