Immortal Technique next to Akon and Rich Boy???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
carl winslow said:
oh and i think zion i could make it. im liking their new stuff less and less, so that might be a sign. but id be happy for them though
hahhaa...i judge shit the same way. they have been on a steady decline since mind over matter yet they are getting more popular with every release

when i saw the cover of street legends with cars with rims on them in the back i knew it was the beginning of the end,haha

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
oookay.

Aztek said:
You sign to a major record company so that they will support you, they take an investment in YOU.....but in return for the most part.....your shit is under the scrutiny of some wack record exec.....what does he know about hip hop?....we are the ones who know about hip hop.....and the artists who create it.....so yea...selling out homie
youre on a record label to make money. period.
marketing, is a way to make money.
have you ever taken a marketing class in college?

if you arent trying to make money which means, conform
you shouldnt be on a record label.
you shouldnt be on a indy label either. because the same rules apply, a different fanbase is used.

i could give you many successful underground rappers that have used the same marketing tactics you shun mainstream rappers for. so say they sold out, too. lets all be broke rappers that have amazing lyrics and not take care of our children!

carl said:
because making a song about throwing dayton rims on your car is just as retarded as making a song about eating a flinstones push pop while you ride a unicorn to venus. its just gay. especially when there have been so many songs on the radio about that same gay shit. theres just no substance to that content
no, its not gay. because some people are into that scene of cars. you put some woodgrain in your shit, you put some feet on that ho, might get you some lime green tint in your windows, all that shit. it dosent matter how many songs are made about the same topic, yknow? theres tens of thousand of songs about taking out wack mcs. some people wanna hear about coppin a new car and throwin rims on it. cuz thats what they do. some people liked jibbs "chain hang low" because their chain does, hang low. get me? people in they cars are more apt to wanna hear some raps about driving. im talking about the common person.

carl said:
no. kid rock music will. does that make kid rock cool?
if we went to a strip club like body tap or some shit (where the girls are mostly african american and would be into rap) do you think kid rock would make them move? seriously?

carl said:
clubs ok. but in the car? thought provoking underground rap sounds great in my car. i dont know, when im in my car it doesnt make me go, "hmm, i feel like listening to repetitive formulaic hip hop about clothes, jewlery, girls, and cars." id rather listen to right wing spanish religious radio than that bullshit
thats great and all. but when i pop out a jedi mind tricks album and i pop in a trae album, my speakers come alive. i can hear all types of shit. along with the big chains and blah blah, they have enough money to master the sond correctly, get good engineers and everything else to make the sound clear.

underground rappers usually do not have the money for all that.
i dunno. you gotta do it to see what i mean. my trunk be kickin like taebo when underground aint in it. even with a official cd it aint knockin like that.

Aztek

My Mom Sucks Cock For Crack
Mar 6, 2007
lets all be broke rappers that have amazing lyrics and not take care of our children!
its not even like that....you can support your children with a 9-5......you just proved my point exactly.....conforming to any thing other than what you 'feel' or 'stand for' for the sake of money is selling out....MC Hammer is a perfect example....he sold out to a 'thug' image to sign to death row.....and he did it all for the benjamins....and we all know he was a strong christian...no ones kids will starve because of there strong stance on their views, opinions, beliefs, and overall image....they make the desicion to sell out for MORE money then they could possibly NEED......

Gas One

May 24, 2006
how do you know mc hammer so well? did vh1 tell you all that?\

you dont get what i mean, youre on a record label to make money. theres a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it.

regardless of musician bloopers or whatever, thats just how the game goes.

thats like telling a dude flipping burgers at mcdonalds he sold out
or telling a prostitute sucking dick she sold out

they were hired to do a certain job and they did it, or are doing it.

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
like i said its in my viens....and its cool i hear what you sayin....my opinion still stands that its a GOOD thing that more indie artists will get prime time air..........

Gas One

May 24, 2006
more indy artists are not going to get primetime air. dont be so gullible.
cash STILL RULES everything around you.

that aint gonna change, man.

more indy rappers need to sell coke (edit: or have rich parents), if you ask me.
then they wouldnt need the label.

....hmm, that sounds familiar...

Dec 17, 2004
Jake said:
hahhaa...i judge shit the same way. they have been on a steady decline since mind over matter yet they are getting more popular with every release

when i saw the cover of street legends with cars with rims on them in the back i knew it was the beginning of the end,haha
yeah me too! i saw tha cd cover i was like what the fuck!? this is zion i? that song with grouch and mistah fab was wack. they know what theyre doing. hopefully its not the beginning of the end though

Gas One said:
oookay.

youre on a record label to make money. period.
marketing, is a way to make money.
have you ever taken a marketing class in college?

if you arent trying to make money which means, conform
you shouldnt be on a record label.
you shouldnt be on a indy label either. because the same rules apply, a different fanbase is used.

i could give you many successful underground rappers that have used the same marketing tactics you shun mainstream rappers for. so say they sold out, too. lets all be broke rappers that have amazing lyrics and not take care of our children!

no, its not gay. because some people are into that scene of cars. you put some woodgrain in your shit, you put some feet on that ho, might get you some lime green tint in your windows, all that shit. it dosent matter how many songs are made about the same topic, yknow? theres tens of thousand of songs about taking out wack mcs. some people wanna hear about coppin a new car and throwin rims on it. cuz thats what they do. some people liked jibbs "chain hang low" because their chain does, hang low. get me? people in they cars are more apt to wanna hear some raps about driving. im talking about the common person.

if we went to a strip club like body tap or some shit (where the girls are mostly african american and would be into rap) do you think kid rock would make them move? seriously?

thats great and all. but when i pop out a jedi mind tricks album and i pop in a trae album, my speakers come alive. i can hear all types of shit. along with the big chains and blah blah, they have enough money to master the sond correctly, get good engineers and everything else to make the sound clear.

underground rappers usually do not have the money for all that.
i dunno. you gotta do it to see what i mean. my trunk be kickin like taebo when underground aint in it. even with a official cd it aint knockin like that.
alota underground rappers do have the money for good sound engineers and all that. i think they (speaking of "backpack" rappers) just arent so focused on making "knocking" formulaic beats for the sake of selling records. theyre more experimental and eclectic with their beats. some are even CRAZY enough to add a GUITAR riff to their beats...imagine that...

but yeah, i see what youre saying and ill agree to disagree with you. i just plain dont like materialist/superficial based hip hop...i despise it. i dont know why. i had to go to walmart the other day. and i was already frustrated enough that i had to be inside the holocaust that is walmart, then i couldnt find a mini cassette for a voice recorder that i needed. all the while theres some z90/933 type hiphop song playing at full blast outta one of the stereos in the electronics dept. i couldnt take it anymore so i followed the sound, found the stereo and turned that shit off. it was like i had just pulled the music at a party. the girls in the aisle just looked at me like i was insane and go "uh uh" (ghetto attitude "uh uh") and i just walk away like nothing happened...3 seconds later that shit is back up. and everyone is happy listening to a song about a guy rapping about how rich he is, all while they spend their entire paychecks on milk, diapers, and dickies at walmart

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i hear you, i used to despise it too. so i see where youre coming from...i'm just no longer like that..and i dont think theres a problem with people who continue to despise mainstream rap...

i could whine about the 80's station playing at work (which honestly plays the same 50 songs, all time time) or i could just put on my headphones and listen to madlib. but i can reverse that and say i just turned madlib back off to listen to the police/sting "roxanne" on that very same 80's station.

i guess what im saying is i dont like everything on the raido either..but i definately do like some of it!

Apr 20, 2005
carl winslow said:
yeah me too! i saw tha cd cover i was like what the fuck!? this is zion i? that song with grouch and mistah fab was wack. they know what theyre doing. hopefully its not the beginning of the end though

alota underground rappers do have the money for good sound engineers and all that. i think they (speaking of "backpack" rappers) just arent so focused on making "knocking" formulaic beats for the sake of selling records. theyre more experimental and eclectic with their beats. some are even CRAZY enough to add a GUITAR riff to their beats...imagine that...

but yeah, i see what youre saying and ill agree to disagree with you. i just plain dont like materialist/superficial based hip hop...i despise it. i dont know why. i had to go to walmart the other day. and i was already frustrated enough that i had to be inside the holocaust that is walmart, then i couldnt find a mini cassette for a voice recorder that i needed. all the while theres some z90/933 type hiphop song playing at full blast outta one of the stereos in the electronics dept. i couldnt take it anymore so i followed the sound, found the stereo and turned that shit off. it was like i had just pulled the music at a party. the girls in the aisle just looked at me like i was insane and go "uh uh" (ghetto attitude "uh uh") and i just walk away like nothing happened...3 seconds later that shit is back up. and everyone is happy listening to a song about a guy rapping about how rich he is, all while they spend their entire paychecks on milk, diapers, and dickies at walmart
Sounds like your hatin. Some of that shit on the radio aint so bad. It keeps the bitches on the dance floor. Thats all that matters.

Aztek

Mar 6, 2007
8FIVE8 said:
Sounds like your hatin. Some of that shit on the radio aint so bad. It keeps the bitches on the dance floor. Thats all that matters.
so every song on the radio should be for the soul purpose of "keeping bitch's on the dance floor"?.....

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
I agree with Gas One....my thought(well its reality) is everyone is going to have a different preference. why can't we realize/recognize that and move on?? Is it that hard to comphrehend?

Jun 4, 2006
@Gas .Rich Boy did and interview in a rim shop..
He was talking about where the song came from..
he said..''Deez are dubs, you know dubs 20 inch's or better...

IMO ..when I hear ''dubs'' I think any rim 20 or bigger.
Idk I could be wrong but I think thats what he said...