Immortal Technique next to Akon and Rich Boy???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Good news for all you independent artists out there. The Associated Press reports Clear Channel Communications, CBS Radio, Entercom Communications and Citadel Broadcasting, which together own more than 1,500 radio stations, agreed to pay $12.5 million in fines to end an investigation into payola and put an end to the practice.As part of the agreement, all four broadcasters will provide 8,400 half-hour segments of free airtime to independent record labels and local artists. The free airtime would be granted to companies not owned or controlled by the nation's four dominant music labels - Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and EMI Group.

All of the afomentioned major labels have been involved in the payola scandals which they resolved with multi-million settlements in the past two years. In addition to airplay, the broadcasters and the independent labels have also negotiated a set of "rules of engagement" that will guide how record company representatives and radio programmers interact. The new "rules of engagement" are aimed at requiring equal access to radio music programmers for all record companies as well as transparency in their dealings.This is a huge step for independent music worldwide. On the surface it seems as though this could be the equivalent of winning the lotto for music fans. This could literally change the landscape of the entire music industry. BUT.. we all know how these corporations operate, so I’ll believe it when I hear it.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...n=DBEDF173-C9FB-499B-B4380C141CC1225D43300762

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
oh yeah, no hating on the homie Immortal Technique, but I don't want him to go mainstream......He will stay underground, because he won't appeal to the mainstream.....and his message is too important for these no brain, no-thinking, being-stupid-is-cool mindless fucks walking around nowadays anyways...

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
blunt_hogg559 said:
oh yeah, no hating on the homie Immortal Technique, but I don't want him to go mainstream......He will stay underground, because he won't appeal to the mainstream.....and his message is too important for these no brain, no-thinking, being-stupid-is-cool mindless fucks walking around nowadays anyways...
not everyone would want to hear what he has to say anyway...never did never will... people are used to a formula of music they will want the mindless drivel that they been hearing...radio is to distract you till commercials and sell ads thats all... I.T. or any underground artist thats against the mainstream way of doing things will still not be as successful as sum dont give a shit chain flossing hoe fuckin music. even bitches like the songs objectifying them....