im very curious

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
ive thought about for awhile and now decided its tme ask the experts..

is tech using playback in his shows..??

and if the answer is yes so my next questionis:

why???

Jul 13, 2004
tech does use a playback(instant replay machine) because with the layback u can get to or switch to any song instantly as oppose to a cd,ipod,or DAT. ateast thats what kutt just told me, but then again he's drunk right now.

Jul 13, 2004
from tech's words he said its the best thing for complicated shows. "if i cant have albert einstein back there running my shows then i need a prgram that is albert einstien running my shows, which is the instant replay machine" it's between a live band , 2 djs, or an instant replay he doesnt have the band, or the 2 dj's, which he really wants. so his best chioce is the replay. ice t introduced him to the replay machine during a show of his(ice t's).he said a bunch more shyt but i have a shrt memory spand and can only take in so much in a short amount of time, but ya'll get the idea of what he is saying. and that's coming from the man himself.

Apr 21, 2003
even though there is playback you can still hear tech over that shit. and i was at a show a few years ago when he was in the middle of einstien and all the shit went dead and he kept going, shit was tight hearin him all real but you can still hear him when there is play back, its just hella clearer.

Sep 26, 2002
i think some of you are talking about one thing and others about another.

ofcourse the beats are "playback" most rap shows without DJ#s are. but i dont think the thread starter was referring to that

Feb 12, 2004
thats right in10city..
im not talking about the beat playback..
im wondering why tech put a playback of the recorded songs in his shows (beat + lyrics)..
my theory was that because tech is performing so much he gets very tired to sing all the show (and maybe his throat is dying) so he uses the help of the playback so when he cant sing no more the playback is there to cover him..

Jul 7, 2002
I would also add that most of his music is fairly complex and performing with only music playback would not do it justice.

If the engineer working sound at the venue knows what he is doing everything should sound great even with vocal playback.

Aug 25, 2005
yes he uses playback sometimes it looks stupid as fuck .. cuz he's takin a breath and not rappin and no one is.. but the shit still is on... and some other parts where he obviously pretends 2 rap...

Apr 8, 2005
www.imizbiz.com
Me too.But he wants so much to be different from the other rap artists that doesn't get a dj with him and I like that. About the playback....Are you kidding? Tech gives more than 100% of himself in the studio to spit those rhymes. Playback is necessary. And isn't stupid at all.

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
if he wants to be different but still have a dj... he should get a REAL DJ who actually spins and cuts breaks that doesn't just stand up there acting like hes spinning, when hes really just playbacking the premixed cuts from under his booth like most of them other jackasses do.

Oct 9, 2002
Trick420 said:
even though there is playback you can still hear tech over that shit. and i was at a show a few years ago when he was in the middle of einstien and all the shit went dead and he kept going, shit was tight hearin him all real but you can still hear him when there is play back, its just hella clearer.
that was the columbia show wasnt it :)

haha drew got too high to answer his phone