I'm thinking of selling sample discs. I'd like some input...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
i love my triton sampler... it's the bomb... only problem that I see however, and i'm not sure if it's this way with all samplers, but it's a pain in the ass to have to load samples each time for each beat you've saved... is there a way to make the triton save the sample also and then load automagically when loading a beat? that would be complete in my mind. or if that's not possible, maybe to actually write the wav into memory so it's there when you turn the triton on... i doubt it, when it says "writing internal memory" when you convert the MS into a program it just writes the location into the E bank is how I understand it. if anybody knows the answers to these questions I would appreciate it. if it's not possible to do what I described also, let me know!

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
Mr. D-Sane said:
Keep dreamin'......

The most you can do is write it into memory......but the sound can't be saved internally. The ideal thing to do is connect a SCSI drive and save your samples on there......
damn, I was hoping there was some elito burrito undocumented way of doing it. but even if you have a SCSI drive, that's just a good place to have alot of sounds stored, still gotta take the time to load the sample, convert it to a program, store it, and then load your beat. pain in the ass, but that's LIFE and you never know what path they'll take, korg's thinking they made the right decision, but they made a mistake. good looking out tho D.

:devious:

May 7, 2002
If you ever get the Motif you can save your file as an all file with the samples included :)

PS... Got the kit.. The snares are bomb, Drums are cool, claps cool, Precussion could use more but overall good come up.....

Bring em on Bumpus.........

Aug 12, 2002
bumpus do you have a lot of crashes and rides?
I sure do. If you buy a kit or two from me, I'll throw in a special kit of nothing but cymbals for free. I usually don't include that many toms or cymbals in my kits because a lot of producers don't use them and consider them filler. But I do have a fair sized collection of them, so hit me up.

-=bumpus=-

Aug 12, 2002
An update for those interested--

A demo of the bass kit is availible:
http://www.bumpusbeats.com/samples/demobass.zip

The full version of the bass kit features 75 bass sounds. Each sound is multisampled, meaning that every sound was sampled at three different pitches in order to prevent aliasing when played back on a sampler. There are electric basses, slap basses, sub basses, and synth basses.

Please check out the demo and hit me up if you're interested in copping the full kit.

-=bumpus=-