I'm thinking about doing a contest.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Once again......something to break the monotony of this forum. I'm thinkin' about donating a beat like once a month to 1 lucky party. If any other ESTABLISHED producers/beat makers would like to get involved.....feel free.

Here's the deal.....

I'm gonna upload an exclusive D-Sane slump for aspiring MC's to download and record a song to. The beat will be laid out like the beats on my Mp3.com page ( www.mp3.com/MrD-Sane - I still have a couple beats left for sale on there too! $100 each. ) with 16 bar verses and all that. All you cats have to do is download the beat.....write some HEAT.....record it well.....and post it up for all of us to vote on. You will have 2 weeks to come up with a finished product.

And what does the winner get? You get to keep the beat for FREE! Yes folks.....FREE. I'm too nice sometimes......:classic:

Tell me what ya'll think?

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Thats a great idea, and I know Im down to shred it up and compete! I'll put my name down and be first on the list if this happens! I just finished up on a track so, I got room for more!

Keep us updated homie,

Pz

May 6, 2002
I like the idea of helping out the hungry artists. Showing luv to the cats that are trying to make a name is something that more people should do. Good shit D-sane.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
noWetaG said:
im lovin the idea D......
will mixing and/or mic quality play a factor?
Well.......to me.....yes. Because if somebody is going to be getting a beat for free from me.....I want them to at least make it sound good...ya know? But in the end it will come down to whoever gets the most votes......so the answer you seek is NO. If it sounds shitty.....but still sounds good enough to get votes.....fuck it. Who knows.....maybe I'll offer to redo/remix the song as well? Damn......I'm turning into a fuckin' charity! lol

I need some feedback ya'll.......I'm not gonna do this shit unless people are feelin' it and will participate.

Nov 30, 2002
sounds good!.. cept for the fact that i got a real shitty recording... ( i use my computer..LOL :classic: ) and i dont want to spend my money on studio time cuz im too young to be using it that way.. but it sounds good to whoever is willing to do it.. i'd do it.. but like i said... my recording system is the lowest of the low

pz

noWetaG

Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2002
GateWonProduct.com
Mr. D-Sane said:
Well.......to me.....yes. Because if somebody is going to be getting a beat for free from me.....I want them to at least make it sound good...ya know? But in the end it will come down to whoever gets the most votes......so the answer you seek is NO. If it sounds shitty.....but still sounds good enough to get votes.....fuck it. Who knows.....maybe I'll offer to redo/remix the song as well? Damn......I'm turning into a fuckin' charity! lol
naw........not like that........
see......i have a shitty-ass USB mic i practice on...
the only good equipment i have access 2 is when i pay 4 studio time...
but i only hit the studio every 3 months or so......
(mainly cuz my pokets dont allow it)
now, i know u wanna have sum sort of time limit in this bitch........
my purpose 4 askin was so i can record the "contest" version
2 the song on my shitty
USB-BOBBY-BROWN-HEADSET-MIC-I-RIG-ON-TOP-OF-MY-LAMPSHADE mic
and if i win the beat, spend bread 2 actually record it

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
inasense206 said:
sounds good!.. cept for the fact that i got a real shitty recording... ( i use my computer..LOL :classic: ) and i dont want to spend my money on studio time cuz im too young to be using it that way.. but it sounds good to whoever is willing to do it.. i'd do it.. but like i said... my recording system is the lowest of the low

pz
Sooooooooo.......what do you think I use to record with? My computer! I just have nice hardware.....a real nice soundcard.....a decent microphone.....a decent mic pre-amp.....and it doesn't hurt to know what the hell you're doing either. These days it doesn't take much to do audio recording.....you just gotta know what you're doing!

I think you're just scurrrred!

Nov 30, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

Sooooooooo.......what do you think I use to record with? My computer! I just have nice hardware.....a real nice soundcard.....a decent microphone.....a decent mic pre-amp.....and it doesn't hurt to know what the hell you're doing either. These days it doesn't take much to do audio recording.....you just gotta know what you're doing!

I think you're just scurrrred!
lol.. i'll record over it... dont be surprised if the quality is shit...LOL... and im not talking about one of those super advanced computers...lol.. im talking about my everyday mic connected to my monitor...lol with a recording program that my homie let me dl from his disk he bought for $80...lol o well.. what else could you expect from a almost 15 yr old? LOL

pz