igoudala for ellis

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
Mark Jackson did an interview on PTI today and CLEARLY stated that he wants to become a defensive team. Monta SUCKS on defense. I think they will move him come draft day like they did J-Rich.

West Believes Golden State Needs Changes To Roster But Big Trade Isn't Necessary
May 25, 2011 4:07 AM EDT

This offseason, the Warriors have hired a new assistant general manager in Bob Myers and an advisor in Jerry West.

West was asked on Tuesday if he believes changes are necessary in order to improve the roster.

"I do think there's changes that need to be made here, I really do. And I know they do, in talking with them.

"And there's a lot of ways to make changes. You don't necessarily have to trade players sometimes, and you can sign free agents. And they have the ability to sign a free agent."

West was asked if the Warriors already have a great player.

"I think greatness is measured over a period of time. They'll take players and anoint them at a very early age. I always say you shouldn't judge a rookie until after his third year to see if he grows.

"I look at (Stephen Curry), for instance, I see tremendous growth in him as a player. Tremendous growth. But there's still more room for improvement and that improvement will come through experience.

"Monta Ellis, a fierce competitor. He competes his fanny off every night. Love to watch him to play. But to me, size helps. Size helps."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...er_But_Big_Trade_Isnt_Necessary#ixzz1NQMzxj6k

Jun 23, 2002
we all know curry and ellis doesnt work together defensively. so shake it up. hope this happens and hope other moves are made too. hope they become defensive and lose the up tempo offense moniker. i demand a half court game. get bigsssss

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Ive been saying this same thing for the past 2 seasons, Ig for Ellis that is. As dope as Ellis is, and as much as I want to see him stay, at some point you need to face the facts that Curry/Ellis are not big enough, no top tier big man is going to come to GS to make Curry/Ellis viable, and the bottom line is they are not winning. You keep putting back to back disappointing seasons together, at some point something needs to change, and that something isnt another D league player, or another bench player, or another past prime player. Eventually you need to shake shit up.

Feb 28, 2006
i know everyone would hate to see monta go but the W gotta do what they got to do. the way monta is playing, all those minutes and his small frame driving in the hole as much as he does, hes gonna break down sooner or later. i would rather them trade curry instead but curry is a true pg, something i wish monta was cuz he has damn near all the capibitilies drose has speed-wise. the only way monta and ellis would work in the backcourt is if they had a star sf something they dont have. so they gotta size up in either the sf or sg position. just make the damn trade cuz i dont see the w's winning anytime soon if the brand of ball they got now.

Sep 24, 2006
iggy being talked bout going to the clippers good shit i wouldnt want to see that bum in a warriors uniform.....we need to ship biedrins and i cant take another yr with radmonagarbage

Would be a wise move by the warriors, as Monta can only take so much as he's a slasher and takes enough contact in the paint, that PG frame will begin to take it's toll very soon. Don't get me wrong, Ellis is one hell of a player and he'd get my vote for an all star selection but if he was a PG, that SG is taken by Kobe, and was by Roy. He deserves to be an all star but i think gets overlooked due to the big names in the west, as well as the warriors haven't been a solid squad for a good 5 years now until Baron took them to the playoffs.