if you speak swahili. help me out please.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
A

askgarcia

heres the deal...my name is askary...now when i was younger i thought my name was gay and embarassing...but as i grew up i found it was pretty cool because its not a common name and it grew on me...anyways...about 4 years ago i was talking to some guy at a fast food joint...this guy told me askary meant friend in swahili...so my question is...does askary mean friend in swahili?chicks think its cool when i tell them...guys think im a sissy...lol.

Apr 25, 2002
One of my friends said Askary is a derivative of Askari and it means police, guard or soldier, or upkeeper of peace. I don't know how accurate that is cause I speak 0% swahili but I hope it helps.

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
i only know disheeki,- doggy style, lol, i don't know i saw it on don't b a menice to south central while drinking your juice in the hood along ass time ago,lol

Apr 25, 2002
Askary in Arabic means 'military'. It can also mean 'militia', 'police'
or
even 'border police'. There are many reasons why a person has the name
Askary
as a family name:
1- His grandfather or a very distant distinguished grandfather of his
was in
the police force or in the military.
2- He is from a city or a village that is called "Askar". There are
many
examples of villages in the middle east that have this name.
3- He is a descendent of a very important hero in the Muslim world
namely
"Hasan Al-Askary" who is a religious leader and a descendent of the
prophet
Muhammad.
4- His family took the name 'Askary' to honor the religious leader
"Hasan
Al-Askary".

I hope this answers your question.

A

askgarcia

good looking out africa...i forgot about this post because the site went down and i figured so did all the posts...my mom got the name from some book or a soap opera...much love for the research you did.