If Memphis Bleek, Geda K, & Company decide to respond to "Millionaire Pirates"..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
If Memphis Bleek, Geda K, & Company decide to respond to "Millionaire Pirates"..

..it could be very beneficial for the Bay by providing enough exposure to put them under the national microscope. This could be one of the greatest things to ever happen to the Bay scene in a number of years..agree or disagree? Why or why not?

May 5, 2002
I'd rather see the Bay blow up cuz of growing popularity rather than cuz of callin out some cats.. U dont want the bay to get lyrically destroyed before it has a chance to respond.. I dunno I hope it works out.. but I'm sure Bay artists rnt the first in the world to attempt to gain popularity from callin mainstream acts out.. i dont eeven know if they r gonna hear about it or give yall the time of day... i dunno...

May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
4fifteenRolla said:
I'd rather see the Bay blow up cuz of growing popularity rather than cuz of callin out some cats.. U dont want the bay to get lyrically destroyed before it has a chance to respond.. I dunno I hope it works out.. but I'm sure Bay artists rnt the first in the world to attempt to gain popularity from callin mainstream acts out.. i dont eeven know if they r gonna hear about it or give yall the time of day... i dunno...
I don't know - I agree with you on the fact that I'd rather see certain Bay artists who deserve it, blow up because of popularity and hard work rather than by dissing, which seems to be the current trend in Hiphop. I think it was a mistake for Sean T (I am guessing) to sample "Family Affair", then doing a track about stealing someone else's style because of that being hypocritical - BUT I don't see Memphis Bleek or anyone else on his "Get Low Records" as lyrical geniuses - they are the typical catch-and-punch one-liner emcees, while JT at times can paint pictures with his words to make a blind man see - either way, it should be an interesting year for JT and the Get Low Fam.

Apr 25, 2002
4fifteenRolla said:
How you figure that the bay would get "lyrically destroyed"? By who? Memphis Bleek? ha ha ha

Apr 25, 2002
San Bruno, Ca
www.myspace.com
exposure is the key word, but i dont think thats what JT and the GET LOW is going for....... i mean everybody and there moma knows about JT THE BIGGA FIGGA. its more like rip'n and ridin for the name...............GET LOW RECORDS

as for getting lyrically destroyed.....huh......memphis bleek is not all that lyrical....but if HOVA or BEANS jump in the funk............well
lets just say, i hope they keep the beef on GET LOW RECORDS it self, and not the HOLE DAMN BAY

Apr 25, 2002
yeah hova and beanie siegel could rip almost any rapper in the bay (not memphis tho)

but I agree with GameRecGame, it would help blow up the bay, but since they probably will never hear the song, and no one outside the bay knows who JT is, they will never respond

another question: who do you think could stick with the tightest east coast rappers in a lyrical battle?

Boots of the coup? not really a battle style tho
maybe Louie Loc
mr. kee spits sometimes
e-40 has flows but not in a battle style
mac dre maybe?
who else, hiero or saafir?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Mezzano said:
yeah hova and beanie siegel could rip almost any rapper in the bay (not memphis tho)

I totally disagree. Hova and Beanie Siegel would get put to rest lyrically if they ever tried to flow against the bay's tightest rappers (Yuckmouth as an example).

May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
I don't think that Jay-Z would get involved in a beef between GLP & Memphis Bleek/Get Low..he's too smart for that - The Bay supports their artists moreso than other areas..he wouldn't get involved because of numbers...he needs all of the Bay sales he can get.

May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
^^ "Millionaire Pirates" is a track from the new JT The Bigga Figga album/compilation "Hustle Relentless". It's basically a diss track to Memphis Bleek and Get Low Records because they feel that he took the whole Get Low concept with naming his label Get Low Records. The track features San Quinn and Ive Low.

Apr 25, 2002
Uhh.. I think Beanie Siegel is aight but he ain't on Jay-Z's level. Beanie can't handle the bay by himself no way. Memph can't either. Only Jay-Z can do it, to me. Bean is Memph is both average to me. But I know if JT or Get Low was dissed by them east coast cats, they will step up their lyrics and game fo sho. It will just hit niggas unexpectedly like I didn't know they can spit like this. That's what I believe.

Apr 25, 2002
Can someone post up the whole diss ...

Because all I caught was a lines from JT saying "I will lyrically blaze you"...And I was thinking why won't you do it then instead of saying what you can do. Was the whole diss any good?

Apr 25, 2002
Mezzano said:

but I agree with GameRecGame, it would help blow up the bay, but since they probably will never hear the song, and no one outside the bay knows who JT is, they will never respond

another question: who do you think could stick with the tightest east coast rappers in a lyrical battle?
What are you talking about? A whole lot of people outside the bay know who JT is. JT videos used to come on THE BOX back in the mid 90's. You trippin' if you think no one will here this diss. Memphis Bleek will hear the word on the street. Just cuz he got mainstream attention don't mean he don't know about the underground.

May 11, 2002
i don't think Beanie Sigel is all that lyrically... Hova is much better.. He'd take JT out...but i agree with that one cat.. if they go against Yukmouth, then it'll be harder.. E-40 could put it down also....