i'd really like to see some of the nortern homies...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2004
YOUNGMOE said:
won't be yourselves?
you're a mexican way deeper then you are a bay area resident
and i don't know one norteno who didn't grow up hearin mexican music being played in their households

and i didn't say rap over oldies...
THATS TRUE HOMIE THATS WHY DYNO WAS SO SUCCESSFUL IN MEXICO AND THEY GOT MUCH LOVE 4 THE HOMIE AFTER HIS TRAFICANTES ALBUM, SHIT IS KOO....FOOS ACTUALLY CAN MAKE SOME MORE MONEY OFF THAT SHIT BECAUSE THEIRS ALOT OF MEXICANOS THAT DONT SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE THAT SUPPORT THE HOMIE DYNO....WHICH MAKES CD SALES INCREASE....I MEAN IM A CHICANO 2 THE FULLEST....I MEAN I WAS RAISED BY OG'Z AND ALWAYS SCHOOLED BY THEM ALWAYZ BEING TOLD HOW IMPORTANT THE UNITY OF OUR RAZA IS NEVER FORGET UR ROOTS AND WHO U ARE AND NO MATTER WHAT NEVER FORGET UR SPANISH LANGUAGE AND IF U DONT KNOW IT LEARN IT....WRE ALL CHICANOS MEAXICANOS AND WERE ALL TREATED THE SAME....IF U HOMIES BEEN RAISED SCHOOLED BY OG'S YALL KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.....

Jun 12, 2004
deepsleeprecords.com
You gotta' trip though, Spanish is no better than English. They're both European languages. If anything spanish is worse since they Spanish were the ones that first started fucking with the natives over here on the southern part of the continent. Then followed by the English and others who came to the Northern area we now know as the Unites States.

As long as what you're saying has heart then the you're rapping over doesn't matter as much.

I doubt anyone on this really follows their roots and most of us don't even know what our roots are. Plus, most of us have some sort of European blood also so if you must follow your native roots you automatically have to follow that of your European ancestors too.

I say if you can't follow your native roots then grow your own and allow them to be those which your seeds will grow under.

When was the last time any of you spoke your native mayan/aztec (et cetera) language and practiced the rituals that they also did...? That's what I thought.

Sep 6, 2004
22sleepy415 said:
You gotta' trip though, Spanish is no better than English. They're both European languages. If anything spanish is worse since they Spanish were the ones that first started fucking with the natives over here on the southern part of the continent. Then followed by the English and others who came to the Northern area we now know as the Unites States.

As long as what you're saying has heart then the you're rapping over doesn't matter as much.

I doubt anyone on this really follows their roots and most of us don't even know what our roots are. Plus, most of us have some sort of European blood also so if you must follow your native roots you automatically have to follow that of your European ancestors too.

I say if you can't follow your native roots then grow your own and allow them to be those which your seeds will grow under.

When was the last time any of you spoke your native mayan/aztec (et cetera) language and practiced the rituals that they also did...? That's what I thought.

Ok so Spanish is the language that came out of murder, rape and GENOCIDE. But we have to remember that Spanish is the one thing that could keep us united TODAY. Sure we could try and learn our native dialect, but how many of us will actually do that?

So lets keep our roots alive by educating ourselves in our history that has been oppressed by 500 years of European racial crimes against our people. Make sure you understand what your talking about before you go and write lyrics about the revolution and aztlan.

Many of us feel ashamed to listen to our real music that has indigenous roots in it, because we have been taught by modern europeans society that indigenous roots mean ignorance and shame, but before the genocide We had created and developed magnificence in art and architecture. We had made discoveries in mathematics, geometry, engineering, astronomy, and medicine. We had developed universities (in many ways superior to those of Europe) and libraries, the world's most accurate calendar, one of the great bodies of literature of the world, and one of the greatest and most complex theologies in the history of humanity.

and that’s just one fact, so make sure you educate yourself on this, before you throw your "LA RAZA" flag out in the sky.

And this is not a white hate statement is just another reason why we need to keep our education up to date before we forget who we are.

Feb 9, 2003
22sleepy415 said:

WRONG!
22sleepy415 said:
You gotta' trip though, Spanish is no better than English.
Although I'm no philologist Spanish is phonetically and syntax-ly superior to English.
22sleepy415 said:
If anything spanish is worse since they Spanish were the ones that first started fucking with the natives over here on the southern part of the continent.
I understand what you're getting at but how does this make Spanish worse?
22sleepy415 said:
I doubt anyone on this really follows their roots and most of us don't even know what our roots are.
True. I would include you in this group by what I am now reading.
22sleepy415 said:
Plus, most of us have some sort of European blood also so if you must follow your native roots you automatically have to follow that of your European ancestors too.
Wrong on both parts. I used to believe this myth and I no longer do so. There were 25 million Mexicas and other tribes in pre-columbian Mexico. 95% were killed off by disease of the Spaniards. That still leaves more than a million indians. From 1519 to 1810 only 80,000 Spaniards ever came to Mexico. Given that most were male it would mean that each Spaniard would have had to had raped either 12 women each or have fathered 12 illegitimate Indian children. Thinking this is ludicrous. We as a people are still over 95% indigenous.
Secondly fuck these European roots. If a Jew was raped by Hitler do you think they would embrace their German heritage? Fuck no! Fuck Europe, Fuck Hispania (aka Spain), and Fuck you fucking indian bashers.
22sleepy415 said:
Fuck that! There is NO reason you shouldn't be able to follow your native roots. No one is saying to learn Nahuatl but just knowing who Pancho Villa is isn't enough.
22sleepy415 said:
Fuck does this have to do with anything? I bet you couldnt tell me the difference between a Maya or an Aztec or the difference between a Mexica and a Tlaxcala with out researching the names.

Jun 12, 2004
deepsleeprecords.com
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
WRONG!

Although I'm no philologist Spanish is phonetically and syntax-ly superior to English.

I understand what you're getting at but how does this make Spanish worse?

True. I would include you in this group by what I am now reading.

Wrong on both parts. I used to believe this myth and I no longer do so. There were 25 million Mexicas and other tribes in pre-columbian Mexico. 95% were killed off by disease of the Spaniards. That still leaves more than a million indians. From 1519 to 1810 only 80,000 Spaniards ever came to Mexico. Given that most were male it would mean that each Spaniard would have had to had raped either 12 women each or have fathered 12 illegitimate Indian children. Thinking this is ludicrous. We as a people are still over 95% indigenous.
Secondly fuck these European roots. If a Jew was raped by Hitler do you think they would embrace their German heritage? Fuck no! Fuck Europe, Fuck Hispania (aka Spain), and Fuck you fucking indian bashers.

Fuck that! There is NO reason you shouldn't be able to follow your native roots. No one is saying to learn Nahuatl but just knowing who Pancho Villa is isn't enough.

Fuck does this have to do with anything? I bet you couldnt tell me the difference between a Maya or an Aztec or the difference between a Mexica and a Tlaxcala with out researching the names.
Yes, Spanish is superior as a language. English isn't even phonetic and plenty of it is awkward. That wasn't what I was getting at.

I have Salvadorian, Spanish, and Chileno blood in me. I only mention the first to keep it simple most of the time. Following your roots is about following what you are, not what you wish you were. going further back from that and knowing customs and the culture of each, nope, I don't particularly feel I am missing it at this point.

I can't tell the difference between tribes. Then again, I'm not at a point were I can commit to following the native ways. Why do it half-assed? Thats disrespect in itself.

Nov 3, 2003
why does it matter..............

how many homies are really mexican and speak spanish at the house? those are the ones that should represent their language and culture. personelly i know alot of homies that aint mexican like myself and put it down like the rest if not harder. it isnt the gun u brought its how u bring it in...............
fuck an appearance, thats the fucked up part. stereotypes and all the rest. bottom line money makes u equal if u dont know, now u do.............. i dont like it either but its reality and i live this shit allday everyday........... not just talkin it but walkin it...............

May 19, 2004
i hate it when i get 2 read threads like this , bout race n shyt , it makes us look weak n confused in my eyes 4 some reason . thats y scraps always claim brown pride n shyt , i hate that shyt 2 , cuz Norte is a mexican gang , so in my eyes theres 2 types of brown prides , i dont care wut any1 says , its a MEXICAN gang . N if u aint mexican , well as long as u down 4 norte , n u aint 1 of those fools that call scraps beaners wetbacks n all this bullshyt i hear sometimes , then its all good .

Feb 9, 2003
Last responce. No offence

22sleepy415 said:
Yes, Spanish is superior as a language. English isn't even phonetic and plenty of it is awkward. That wasn't what I was getting at.
Then what were you getting at? The only other conclusion would be that you're somehow personifying the languages.
22sleepy415 said:
I have Salvadorian, Spanish, and Chileno blood in me. I only mention the first to keep it simple most of the time.
What's the point of keeping it simple? You are who you are. Fuck simplicity.
22sleepy415 said:
Following your roots is about following what you are, not what you wish you were.
We were indian, we are indian, we will be indians. It's who we are. Not a wish but who we are.
On the other side you're a Salvadorian, Spaniard, and Chilen mix. I am Mexican. I represent a Mexican cause. Why do you? By your logic it's not who you are, you not being Mexican, so why follow something so embedded in Mexican roots?
22sleepy415 said:
going further back from that and knowing customs and the culture of each, nope, I don't particularly feel I am missing it at this point.
I think I know what you mean but I'd still rather you reword it.
22sleepy415 said:
I can't tell the difference between tribes. Then again, I'm not at a point were I can commit to following the native ways. Why do it half-assed? Thats disrespect in itself.
You seem to contradict yourself. First you seem to be saying that you don't seem to miss following your roots but then say you can't commit yourself to the native ways. Why would you commit yourself to something that you're not interested in, or even a part of. You're not an Aztec or a Mayan unless you're Guatemalan or Mexican.