i'd really like to see some of the nortern homies...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2004
I DON'T THINK SO CUZ IT'Z NOT THE BAY SOUND. WE WON'T BE OURSELVES AND SOUND LIKE WE'RE TRYING TO DUPLICATE SOUTHERN LATIN RAPPERS STYLE. MOST OF THE NORTENOS IN THE BAY A HAVE SOUL FLAVA INFLUENCED BY THE BROTHAS.

May 18, 2004
^ real, there's a lot less latin culture up here. I mean there's plenty, i live in the mission so i'm around it all the time, but it don't seem like it's an influential part of the norte lifestyle.

May 21, 2002
hogglife916.com
YOUNGMOE said:
gettin down on more latin based rap sounds
incorporate some guitars and horns and accordian into the beats...

i think this is something you guys can create a niche with

I'd like to see more white people rappin over Lynard Skynard

LOL you know im just fuckin with you MOE but yea i hear you even though I never heard that music growin up at my house (moms bumped old school) I was never big on that style of production for rap (oldies latin beats) but LIL CONER pulls it off well and thats made me more open minded

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
i don't know if y'all have heard that song by frost called BAMSEEYA, but it's one of the hardest beats I've ever heard. It has a heavy mexican flavor, and the funny thing is, it was produced by cold 187um (a black guy) from above the law. I think if y'all heard that beat, you'd agree.

I think most of us grew up on old school though like oso said, and most of these fools probably are very out of touch with their mexican culture, but hey, it happens

May 19, 2004
i like the oldie beats on rap songs 2, ppl sayin that shyts 4 scraps r bitches, i like the hip hop sound we got also , but i think we should have more oldies , props 2 connected inc , ima b frank tho , i never really listened 2 oldies , conected inc i gues is openin foools eyes .

N no matter wut we mexikan .

Nov 8, 2002
Im working with my Uncle right now to do that. I want Live Bass and Drums with live Guitar. I did grow up around it and there really is nothing like Live Music.

May 2, 2002
THE HOMIE WASN'T TALKIN ABOUT RAPPIN OVER OLDIES. HE'S SAYIN THE HOMIEZ SHOULD TRY TO BRING MORE OF A LATIN FLAVOR TO THEIR PRODUCTION AND I AGREE 114%....IT'S SAD TO ME THAT INDIVIDUALS SEEM TO THINK CAUSE YOU FROM THE BAY YOU GOTTA ACT AND BE A CERTAIN WAY. I'VE BEEN INFLUENCED BY THE BAY DEEPLY BUT I KNOW MY ROOTS AND I RESPECT THE WAYS OF THE O.G'S WHO PAVED THE WAY FOR US TO WALK THESE STREETS WITH OUR HEADS UP HIGH. NONE OF THE O.G.'S WAS WALKIN AROUND IN DESIGNER FITS AND POPPIN THEIR COLLAZ.....I UNDERSTAND THAT HAS NOW INFECTED THE GENTE LIKE A DISEASE NOW N DAYZ BUT IF YOU AIN'T IN TOUCH TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM THEN YOU AIN'T GONNA BE IN TOUCH TO WHERE YOU GOIN. DON'T GET ME WRONG THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS...CAUSE THERE ARE THOSE INDIVIDUALS THAT WERE SIMPLY RAISED WITHOUT KNOWIN ABOUT THERE HERITAGE AND WERE NEVER SCHOOLED AND LACED BY O.G'S AND OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN LACED BUT IT JUST AIN'T THEIR STYLE......TO EACH HIS OWN.

Mar 18, 2004
WWW.TURFDOUT.COM
BIG OSO LOC said:
THE HOMIE WASN'T TALKIN ABOUT RAPPIN OVER OLDIES. HE'S SAYIN THE HOMIEZ SHOULD TRY TO BRING MORE OF A LATIN FLAVOR TO THEIR PRODUCTION AND I AGREE 114%....IT'S SAD TO ME THAT INDIVIDUALS SEEM TO THINK CAUSE YOU FROM THE BAY YOU GOTTA ACT AND BE A CERTAIN WAY. I'VE BEEN INFLUENCED BY THE BAY DEEPLY BUT I KNOW MY ROOTS AND I RESPECT THE WAYS OF THE O.G'S WHO PAVED THE WAY FOR US TO WALK THESE STREETS WITH OUR HEADS UP HIGH. NONE OF THE O.G.'S WAS WALKIN AROUND IN DESIGNER FITS AND POPPIN THEIR COLLAZ.....I UNDERSTAND THAT HAS NOW INFECTED THE GENTE LIKE A DISEASE NOW N DAYZ BUT IF YOU AIN'T IN TOUCH TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM THEN YOU AIN'T GONNA BE IN TOUCH TO WHERE YOU GOIN. DON'T GET ME WRONG THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS...CAUSE THERE ARE THOSE INDIVIDUALS THAT WERE SIMPLY RAISED WITHOUT KNOWIN ABOUT THERE HERITAGE AND WERE NEVER SCHOOLED AND LACED BY O.G'S AND OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN LACED BUT IT JUST AIN'T THEIR STYLE......TO EACH HIS OWN.
agree wit u homie... fuck that rep where u from and where u comin from. as foe me... straight 100% latino u feel me. mexican and trucho. aint never gone 4get that

Jun 5, 2004
hes right, anythings possible, a live bass sounds good, and you can use it for any kind of song in any mood, other instruments can be looped in a rap beat, and there is other latin music besides oldies yo.

IVE DONE A SPANISH ENGLISH SONG ON NORTELATION WITH CUTTY CUT N DAT WAZ MY LIL BROZ IDEA I WAZ LIKE FUCK IT LETZ DO IT BUT I REALY DIDNT WANT TO CUZ MY SPANISH AINT ALL DAT GOOD BUT DA TRACK CAME OUT SICK N CUTTY RIPPED IT BUT ILL MOZT LIKELY NEVER DO A SONG LIKE DAT AGIAN CUZ DAT JUZT AINT ME BUT LIKE BIG OSO SAID 2 EACH HIZ OWN BUT U NEVER KNOW WE MIGHT JUZT HAVE ONE OR 2 MORE IN THERE MAY BE WE'LL CEE BUT SPEAKIN 4 MY SELF I'LL PROBABLY WONT DO ANOTHER ONE WHO KNOWZ IF IM FEELIN IT I JUZT MIGHT DO IT I KNOW MY LIL BROZ BEEN WORKIN ON ONE BUT WE MIGHT NOT RELEASE IT BUT WE'LL CEE. N DA WAY I CEE IT EVERY BODYZ 2 WORRIED ABOUT WHAT DA NEXT NIGGA THINKZ ABOUT HIM N THEY DONT WANT THEM 2 THINK THEY SOFT BUT IN MY EYEZ IF U WORRIED ABOUT WHAT DA NEXT MAN THINKZ THEN U'Z A SUCKA 4 REAL N U SHOULDNT BE IN THIZ CHIT AT ALL N IM A LEAVE IT AT THAT N IF U THINK IM TALKIN 2 U THEN U MUZT BE THAT SOFT AZZ NIGGA TRYIN 2 BE SUM THING U AINT