ICE-T

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
Cassic! I love Ice T even to this day. I bought that recent Gangsta Rap CD too. I remember when high rollers came out I was in middle school. Thats still my shit.

Aug 14, 2003
THANKS, I APPRECIATE IT. I THINK MY MOMS HAS THAT RECORD. THATS SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FOR A WHILE NOW. THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF SONGS THAT HAS SAMPLED THIS, AND I WAS WONDERING WHO ORIGINATED THAT. YEAH, ICE-T IS A LEGEND, HE DOESN'T GET THE RESPECT HE RIGHTFULLY DESERVES.

I WAS LIKE 3 WHEN THAT CAME OUT, I THINK THATS THE FIRST SONG I LEARNED ALL THE WORDS TO.

May 30, 2006
Damn u was 3? I must be really old then. I remember when the High Roller video use 2 come on back in the day. Yea I got the song Easin In by Edwin Starr on the American Pimp soundtrack. I also got the CD Power by Ice-T that gots High Roller on it.

A lot of cats don't know but "High Roller" was actually Crip slang back in the 70's & 80's meaning like a big time hustler & "Baller" is what the Bloods used. That's where those words originate from.

Aug 14, 2003
The Evil Genius said:
I got the song Easin In by Edwin Starr on the American Pimp soundtrack. I also got the CD Power by Ice-T that gots High Roller on it.

A lot of cats don't know but "High Roller" was actually Crip slang back in the 70's & 80's meaning like a big time hustler & "Baller" is what the Bloods used. That's where those words originate from.
I WAS WATCHING AMERICAN PIMP LAST NIGHT. AND THATS WHAT MADE ASKED THIS QUESTION. AND YOU'RE RIGHT A LOT OF CATS DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE ORIGINAL MEANING OF HIGH ROLLERS & BALLERS. AS I GOT OLDER, I PUT 2 & 2 TOGTHER ABOUT THE SONG, BEING THAT ICE-T USED TO BANG.

May 30, 2006
If u ever get the chance go find the soundtrack. Its super tight with nothin but old skool 70's songs from the actual movie. It also comes with a DVD that's about an hour long with deleted scenes including the lost Snoop interview. Its worth every penny.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
ice-t is a rap legend not only on westcoast but everywhere
dude near 50 yrs old and still doin the music thing