Ice Cube's NWA Movie

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2009
Ice Cube Talks More Plans For N.W.A. Movie
VIBE.COM By: RI Reeves Posted 9-16-2010 6:17 pm

Ice Cube has become a mogul with successful accomplishments in both music and television and now he’s setting his sights firmly on his next film project— bringing the story of his musical roots to the big screen.

“I’m trying to get the N.W.A movie made. I want to get a good script together and find a director. The movie is gonna cover how we got together, how we broke up and what happened after that,” says Ice Cube. And while he says he’s not yet sure who will play members of the iconic 80s rap group, Cube says he’s already has clear vision on how the movie will begin and end.

“The bookmarks for the movie will be when [Dr.] Dre started DJing for his Momma doing house parties up to Easy’s [E] death. There’s no reason to go after that.”—Ronke Idowu Reeves

So what do you think? Will you pay to see Cubevision's take on how Niggaz With Attitudes came to be?

Jul 9, 2007

On topic I would just wait then download it then never get around to watching it most likely. I think most people that are interested already know the story and will pass on seeing it through Hollywood's eye's.

Feb 10, 2006
Off topic a lil but the only thing that I would like 2 see a movie made out of would be the mike tyson story, the real shit tho cuz mike can still tell the story...jamie foxx where ya at mayne?!

Aug 5, 2009
DVD for me...wouldn't go see it
yeah movies are generally not good usually enough for me to go see in the cinema's, i think the last movie i saw at the cinema was the first bond movie wit the new bond in it, daniel craig after all the hype about the movie, you get what i'm saying

otherwise its all about the chinese connection and that pirate(bootleg) shit, which comes out pretty quick over here and if the movies any good, i'll cop it when it drops on legal dvd

@gemini & kane916
no question, everybody knows the whole nwa story, but i feel ice cube has that movie pedigree and knows what he's doing when it comes to picking scripts, i mean he picked those kiddie movies on purpose i'm sure to give sumthin for his little kids to watch, you get what i'm saying and most of his other movies have been them commercial blockbuster get that money pay them bills type movies, so i think he knows what he's doing when it comes to the movie game, i'm sure he won't let them hollywise the authentic nwa story he was apart of too much on silly levels, fingers crossed

Aug 5, 2009
Off topic a lil but the only thing that I would like 2 see a movie made out of would be the mike tyson story, the real shit tho cuz mike can still tell the story...jamie foxx where ya at mayne?!
yeah not some hollywood patronising mike tyson bashing type shit but the real story of mike wit him giving techinical input(along wit others that have played a part in his life) like from my understanding he was really deep in them brooklyn streets out in east new york and what really went on between him and don king, you get what i'm saying, stuff like that

big up jamie foxx though, he's a great technical actor, i just don't think he's gully enough to bring that mike tyson authenticity to a true story and i know that sounds silly or whatever, but i just wouldn't find jamie believable as mike

Jul 27, 2009
id see it if they got the right people. in Notorious they did pac bad by having some guy that looks nothing like him play him.
for Eazy, i think Larenz Tate could probably play him, the rest, idk

Aug 5, 2009
yeah larenz tate would be a good choice to play eazy e

that 'bone' brother from the training day movie who has been in numerous rap video's and i think he was in righteous kill film playing a pimp aswell, should play mc ren

i think they should get newcomers from the hoods in LA to play the other members, find some new talent, give some new heads a chance that can act

if they can get a top notch screenwriter and a-1 director, i can't really see why this film can't be a top notch movie

Aug 6, 2008
theres a chance it can be good, but usually the person who makes a movie about them self will probably make it slanted in their favor and not show the complete whole true story. case and point that retarded ass biggie movie puffy made