I went to LA this weekend and......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 29, 2002
Well to make a long story short I had to pee so I jumped out of the car at a stop sign and ran to a gas station. When I came out I was standing at the counter and I see this man come in the door. He turned out to be Sidney Portier. So I introduced myself and we talked for about ten minutes then he paid for his gas and left. If you don't know who that is don't say anything, just wallow in your small world. I was in awe because I have always admired what he has done for Blacks in the cinema, and because I am a small town girl. It was AWESOME!!!

May 29, 2002
ummm. check yourself man. Have you ever heard of Denzel Washington? IMO the best muhfukkin actor in the world of any color and I'm white.

He won it last year for Training Day dawg. Just lettin u know mayn. but yeah Sidney Potier is one helluva actor though. Oh and Training Day was one deep ass movie.

Apr 25, 2002
How the fuck has Morgan Freeman never won that shit? He's definitely one of my favorite actors. Every movie I've ever seen him in has been fuckin' tight. From Lean on Me, to Shawshank Redemption, to Se7en, to Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider, etc..........

Apr 25, 2002
Cranky said:
How the fuck has Morgan Freeman never won that shit? He's definitely one of my favorite actors. Every movie I've ever seen him in has been fuckin' tight. From Lean on Me, to Shawshank Redemption, to Se7en, to Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider, etc..........

Morgan Freeman is an awesome actor, but he rarely is the "star" of the movies he's in. He is always the co-star, second billing...

May 29, 2002
Morgan Freeman is a good ass actor and I loved shawshank redemption. But he is one wierd ass dude in real life. I seen him at the mall one time. I think it was valley faire or some shit and he looked hella crazy. and if u ever see interviews he be actin wierd as hell. sometimes he cool, but other times he seems to be on one.

samuel L. Jackson is another but he does a lot of parts that aren't as respectable like Shaft. Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies.

Jun 29, 2002
Okay just so you know THERE WOULD BE NO DENZEL, MORGAN, SAMUEL OR WESLEY IF IT WEREN'T FOR SIDNEY.

Shawshank is one of my all time favorite movies. I think that Morgan deserves a movie of his own but he is in the type of movies that they give starring roles to Tom Hanks and such so I will be surprised if he gets a dramatic leading role.

and for the recordI agree all of these men are tremendous actors and Arthur (Deep Thought) :) Halle and Denzel won best actor and actress this year.
It's good to be black !!!

@ FYB I don't know exactly where in LA somewhere close to sunset though I think it was a chevron station, it was a weird intersection, it wasn't a perfect cross and the gas station closed way early though

Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
@Soak Game

Your mission aint complete if you don't hit roscoe's chicken & Waffles. You'll see everybody in T.V. in that little ass place. But it's a networking spot, so those of you that need to network and you don't know where to start, hit ROSCOE'S, I live 45min from the spot. Last time I went there, my potna Xibit paid for me and Young Meeks lunch.

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
I swear the best african american actor was *drum roll*

the guy that played bubba in forest gump!!!
but Morgan Freeman has made some great movies same with Sam Jackson... I can't say I can recall seeing Portier in a movie, if I have it didn't make a huge impact on me, or it's been so long I don't realize I've seen it... but there's a lot of great actors/actresses that get no reconition for their roles