I was just thinkin what if (LIL BLOOD & D-LO) came out wit a cd together

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i dunno if that would be a good fit

they make completely different music

west & east oakland be on some completely different shit music wise

i wouldnt mind a sleepy d and HD album tho

d-los voice is too different to mesh with a lot of people in my opinion

ronald mack and lil blood, or ronald mack and HD :thumbs up:

dudes super underrated i wish DJ fresh woulda been serious about that tonite show
hes got a perfect voice for the whole funk-shooter-hard drug abuse type shit

stalin and d-lo may work out their music is a little more alike if were meshing west and east o

lil blood and lee majors would be cool too im not completely sure if the 30's and the lower bottoms get along im not from the town originally even though im in the bottoms almost every day

you know whos voice would work with d-lo whos from the west, rahmean
they both got them different voices

Last edited:
Props: milkky
Jul 4, 2011
i dunno if that would be a good fit

they make completely different music

west & east oakland be on some completely different shit music wise

i wouldnt mind a sleepy d and HD album tho

d-los voice is too different to mesh with a lot of people in my opinion

ronald mack and lil blood, or ronald mack and HD :thumbs up:

dudes super underrated i wish DJ fresh woulda been serious about that tonite show
hes got a perfect voice for the whole funk-shooter-hard drug abuse type shit

stalin and d-lo may work out their music is a little more alike if were meshing west and east o

lil blood and lee majors would be cool too im not completely sure if the 30's and the lower bottoms get along im not from the town originally even though im in the bottoms almost every day

you know whos voice would work with d-lo whos from the west, rahmean
they both got them different voices
30's ain't all one turf, it depends on whether you're talking about dogtown or ghost town.

And yeah East Oakland rap tends to be faster (beats and lyrics) on stripped down production with a lot of bass, i.e. soundtracks for sideshows. West Oakland tends to be on some slower darker shit, which it is... It's slower in the West than in the East but it's also more depressed. North Oakland be on some whole other shit... There's a big East Coast influence there which probably originated from the backpack rap scene in Berkeley in the 90s/early 2000s centered around Amoeba and Berkeley High back when CDs were actually moving and having your CD at Amoeba was a bigger deal. They were probably crossing paths with underground "Hip Hop" rappers and the Hip Hop scene in general more than rappers from the west or the east not named Hiero.

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
30's ain't all one turf, it depends on whether you're talking about dogtown or ghost town.

And yeah East Oakland rap tends to be faster (beats and lyrics) on stripped down production with a lot of bass, i.e. soundtracks for sideshows. West Oakland tends to be on some slower darker shit, which it is... It's slower in the West than in the East but it's also more depressed. North Oakland be on some whole other shit... There's a big East Coast influence there which probably originated from the backpack rap scene in Berkeley in the 90s/early 2000s centered around Amoeba and Berkeley High back when CDs were actually moving and having your CD at Amoeba was a bigger deal. They were probably crossing paths with underground "Hip Hop" rappers and the Hip Hop scene in general more than rappers from the west or the east not named Hiero.
I never thought about that as far as north oakland...great point I do notice they seem to be on some hip hop shit in comparison too ....interesting how the town is segregated music wise but makes sense based on the neighborhoods and the overall feel of it

North Oakland also seems a little more 'big city' like I guess...you have the long aves that seem a bit separate of that big city feel and a little bit of a industrial area here and there but overall I do know what you mean

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2011
I never thought about that as far as north oakland...great point I do notice they seem to be on some hip hop shit in comparison too ....interesting how the town is segregated music wise but makes sense based on the neighborhoods and the overall feel of it

North Oakland also seems a little more 'big city' like I guess...you have the long aves that seem a bit separate of that big city feel and a little bit of a industrial area here and there but overall I do know what you mean

I think a big part of why North Oakland is more on some Hip Hop shit than the rest of the Town is because it's also clearly influenced by Berkeley activism and Berkeley culture in general whether you're talking about Bearfaced, Mistah FAB, Main Attrakionz, etc. Some might say the activism comes from that there were a lot of Panthers in North Oakland but the Panthers themselves damn near spent more time in Berkeley than in Oakland, especially around UC Berkeley and Telegraph.

I agree on the big city feel in the North, the East feels like that too but in a different way though.

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com
I just came home from 62nd in the North. North Oakland does feel more like a big city than the rest of the town. Especially where all the freeways intersect by Children's Hospital. The Bart track in the middle and all those apartment buildings. Definitely. I think of it more like East oakland being a separate city. Like South SF. It's more isolated so the music is more local sounding. In the east you get a lot of songs where they will have two basses overlapping. I didn't understand that shit at first but realized it's all about how it sounds in a scraper. More about the rumble than the music.

F

Fromthebaytotheaz

no joke i thought the same thing today when i was slappin hella dat ft goofy. crazy

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
To me: Lil Blood is more a "stuck in the struggle" grimey depressing/vividly realistic rapper who still lives that 'black gate trappin' life.. which I relate to 1000%
D LO is of a 'trendy' mainstream oriented more for bitches type of rapper.. his music has more commercial value and although I hate this word. . Trying to incorporate Swag.. he has feature from lots of artists outside the bay like YG and seens to be more interested in pushing a line outside the Bay rather than solidifying his fanbase at home..