I Was Curious To Know...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
To be reserved and smart about your money is the best thing you can do and I don't see T9 wasting his hard earned cash on shit like a Looney Tune platinum chain or cars with tv's in the trunk where no one can fucking see them anyways.
That shit made me laugh.

But yeah I agree with your post 100% man, and I am sure Tech is doing fine financially.

Sep 30, 2002
I wasn't asking this question for any negative reasons or anything it has just always made me curious.

I can see Tech being a millionaire, but with his money in the bank saved and I like him because he isn't flashy. He's making sure the "real life" issues he deals with like his fam, personal life, etc get taking care of first... and I respect that highly.

I don't know how it is for independent artists.. although I thought that they got more of a piece of loot for each of their cd's then somebody on a major label would..
But I recently read that artists on like Def Jam, Interscope, Jive and some of those labels, rappers get like 5 or 6 dollars for every album sold which isnt alot considering when you the fan is paying 15-18 bucks a cd. Of course with a higher production value, and more corporate bullshit with those types of labels your going to have to pay out others to make it happen, but if Tech has been touring like this non stop for god knows how long now... Shit i've seen him in concert atleast 6 or 7 times now and the last ticket I bought was like 60$ for his show so I'm saying he's probably relaxing fine at the end of the day.

To be reserved and smart about your money is the best thing you can do and I don't see T9 wasting his hard earned cash on shit like a Looney Tune platinum chain or cars with tv's in the trunk where no one can fucking see them anyways.

Once again does it really matter? No .. But I was looking at it from more of a " He deserves to be" more then anything standpoint.

Artists that have a major deal don't get 5 to 6 bucks per disc if they have a straight up deal.

For example.

When EM originally signed, he had a artist deal. Then came Shady records which EM signed and had its own artists. EM probably gets a bigger piece of that. But as an artist, they would love to get 5 dollars per disc. Try more like a tenth of what the cd costs to buy. Most of those artists live off of advances, and they pray that thier album does the work to pay back the label. That is why on the last album that an artist does in a contract is so important. Alot of them owe the record company money.